• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Please Help, New sleeping problem at 2

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
So I will start by saying my son has never been easy.He was born 5 weeks premature, had medicated Gerd for 7 months, then torticollis. Finally started getting the kinks out around month 9. Still have eating issues (still eats baby food) mixed in due to texture issues. Is in feeding therapy. Now approaching 2 and the one thing we had was he was going to sleep at 745 and mostly slept through the night until 6, if not all in his room he would move to our bed and back to sleep. For the entire time since hes been home he has fell asleep in my arms after his last milk. Never an issue. Sometimes quicker, but very rarely an issue. Now for the last 3 weeks he has wigged out literally once his milk is done and sees me. He throws himself on the floor, screams, cries, thrashes in my arms. I have tried the same routine,new routine, rocking him in a rocking chair, singing, reading a book, nothing makes him stop. One day it went over 45 minutes. When my husband picks him up (which has never been routine) he falls right asleep. Now I dont want to say how hurtful this feels, but also I have no idea why. NO change in anything, perfume, detergent, etc. So why is he doing this? How can I get my baby back????

So I will start by saying my son has never been easy.He was born 5 weeks premature, had medicated Gerd for 7 months, then torticollis. Finally started getting the kinks out around month 9. Still have eating issues (still eats baby food) mixed in due to texture issues. Is in feeding therapy. Now approaching 2 and the one thing we had was he was going to sleep at 745 and mostly slept through the night until 6, if not all in his room he would move to our bed and back to sleep. For the entire time since hes been home he has fell asleep in my arms after his last milk. Never an issue. Sometimes quicker, but very rarely an issue. Now for the last 3 weeks he has wigged out literally once his milk is done and sees me. He throws himself on the floor, screams, cries, thrashes in my arms. I have tried the same routine,new routine, rocking him in a rocking chair, singing, reading a book, nothing makes him stop. One day it went over 45 minutes. When my husband picks him up (which has never been routine) he falls right asleep. Now I dont want to say how hurtful this feels, but also I have no idea why. NO change in anything, perfume, detergent, etc. So why is he doing this? How can I get my baby back????

Hi. My dd was 3 weeks early no medical or feeding issues but she is still breastfeeding mostly just for naps and to fall asleep. She has maybe slept through the night a handful of times in her life. We bed share so I'm sure that's part of it but she has no interest in her own bed. I will say as she approached 2 I noticed a lot more attitude and behavioral difficulties. She threw a tantrum the other day out of the blue for 45 minutes. I know at 2 the imagination is coming in and language is exploding so it could be related to that. It could also be that your son is forming ASN attachment to his dad. A few oeope I know with boys did say around 2 the preference changed. Your stress and sadness about it could affect him....who knows. I'm sorry though

We had this right at 2 as well. In retrospect, I think it was a developmental leap related to language development as she had a huge language explosion just after that. It was just one of those things where her brain was too busy growing and changing to settle at night. We did add in a nighttime story. I would give her milk, rock her, put her in bed awake, and then sit outside her door (where there was light) and read her a book (or 3) and then would shut the door when she was quiet/asleep. This did eventually help. I really think it was just one of those things that needed to pass on it's own. But the reading gave me something to do while I sat there with her and I think it did help her to get used to settling in her own bed awake and going off to sleep. We also went through a very similar phase (except reading didn't help much) about 4 months later which was related to needing to drop her nap. She was just getting too much sleep and was wired still at bedtime. We got rid of the nap and though she was very tired and falling asleep in dinner for about the first month, it made a tremendous difference in how easily she went to sleep. If he is still napping and is hard to get down for a nap right now, that could be another option. As for the difference between you and your husband, it's possible that he's just more relaxed than you? Or does he come in after when he's worn out? Either way, if it's working with him and not with you, get him to do bedtime. It's not worth it being a battle or drawn out.

Wow, I wouldnt think hes ready to lose his nap, but maybe...as of now Dad is putting him to bed first. Maybe it will pass. Maybe it too is because he sees me more and wants time with Dad all of a sudden. Although Dad is not calmer than me:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->