PLEASE HELP!! OPK QUESTION - Im just Lost

Jaycrew

Reaction score
Did opk last night - just felt i should because I was feeling a little off- CD 14 and it came back POS- the only thing is I am a 32 day cycle. I took one this am and neg- took one 2hrs later and neg.

Mind you the one i took last night that was POS was taken about 8 pm. SO im just wondering does that mean I could be possibly ovulating now?? Or should i wait and retest the same time tonight (at 8).. Have i missed out altogether?
I know that these things detect 12-36 hours prior to ovulation but because im new to this i need opinions.
thank you!

DOOOOHH !!! Ok i read the instructions for the one i took today- says wait 4 atleast hours before testing in between OPK and not to drink and best after 12. Which I clearly didnt do any of the above- the wait begins. I took one at 10:24 am and another at about 11:30. Drank 2 cups of water (I was thirsty :) ) Maybe I shouldve read the instructions first- geeshI thought it was as simple as peeing on a stick

You may be different but i have never gotten a pos opk at night so if that happened to me i would probably disregard it as a faulty test but their are some women on here who get 4 days of positive test, which also has never happened to me! but maybe you have caught the tail end of your surge.

i test at 10:30 am and if it is almost positive i test again at 12:30 which is when i will get a smiley face too and by 2 pm its negative again. i do try to reduce my liquid intake but usually dont drink much in the AM anyway so it hasnt been a problem yet. as for the 4 hours thing...that would never EVER happen for me so i go with the 2 hour hold.

i have got my positive and not been able to confirm ovulation by temps until 2 days later so i suppose it would be possible if you have your surge cd14, o'd cd 16 and either ended up with a short cycle or have a longer LP.

i wouldnt disregard the test completely but i would keep testing to see if you get another positive or not. and get to bd'ing just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->