please help, where do we stand? update

emilyjade

mummy of two!
Reaction score
well after lots of recommendations we bought a cake from a lady whos had business for years. We collected it yesterday for my daughter christening today, it looks beautiful but tastes vile. Not one person ate the piece of cake! Im quite pissed off as it cost us £40 :dohh:

UPDATE

I WENT AND SHE GAVE ME A FULL REFUND AND WAS SO UPSET BLESS HER. SHE APOLOGISED SO MUCH AND ASKED IF I WANTED HER TO BAKE ANOTHER FOR FREE BUT I SAID IT WAS FINE. X

I would tell her, get her to try a piece. X

Sorry dont want to read and run but im not sure where you'd stand.
Personally i dont think you'd be able to do anything unless it was actually wrong with it, did it taste off or just not nice??

maybe she used out of date eggs or something :S:S i would take it back and ask her to taste it and for a refund!

Goods have to be fit for purpose but what constitutes fit is a bit subjective. I would definitely tell the lady the no-one ate any because of the taste and she may ask to taste it to see whether it tastes like it is supposed to or not. If she believes in word of mouth etc. she should give you a refund but she may refuse. You haven't got anything to lose by approaching her.

my OH works at a bakery and he wont even eat none, its hard, dry, and plain vile! Even the sponge is tinged brown where its been over cooked!

Phone her and tell her your not happy, take it back and get her to try it? Maybe ask for a refund?

Id ask for £20 back as although it looked good it wasnt edible. Cant imagine she would argue it incase you started telling people her cake was gross.

I think you should go and talk to her too. I'm not surprised you're mad.

I'd also explain that you heard about her through word of mouth. If she doesn't do something that is reasonable enough, then I would by word of mouth tell others to avoid.

Thats terrible. I hope the rest of the day went well though!

The rest of the day was amazing thank you, iv rung her this morning and shes said i can have a refund. Im going to take the cake though so she can see and taste. I'll update later :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->