Please help....

Jme75062

Reaction score
I had my blood test done today at 7am. I am 13 days post IUI (July 30) and 12 days post ovulation (July 31). My HCG level was 4.4 per the nurse. She said 5 is pregnant, but 2.5 is not pregnant. I am in a gray area. Is it possible for the level to go up? I did NOT have a trigger shot. The nurse did mentioned chemical pregnancy, which I know very little about. I go back tomorrow for more blood work. I am so nervous because i really don't know what most of this means. Anyone have or know someone who had a similar experience?
Thank you

I haven't had a similar experience, but going in tomorrow seems a bit early. Usually they wait two days between a blood test to see if the number doubles. I mean, it should go up in a day but two would have been better to confirm a healthy pregnancy.

Having an hcg of 4.4 at 12dpo is entirely possible. Implantation takes anywhere from 6-10 days on average with the most common day being 9dpo. The fertilized egg produces minute amounts of hcg, so depending on what level you are at when you implant and how early or late you implant a level of 4 makes perfect sense.

For example, let's say you implanted at 1 x 2 =2 x 2 =4. If it takes 2-3 days to double, that's 4 days to get from hcg level 1 to hcg level 4. Which would mean you would have had to implant at 8dpo. Which is perfectly normal!

So my advice is take a deep breath, relax, and come back and update us about your bloods tomorrow. :) You should definitely be above 5 tomorrow.

Yeah What Dobby said lol
Sounds like you are on track!

She said come back tomorrow or Thursday. I specifically asked should I wait until Thursday and give it more time. She literally said it wouldn't matter. I am so confused. She sounded like she was trying to lean towards a chemical pregnancy either way.

Well, she has to bring up cp for liability reasons. And if all you want is to confirm pregnancy, then tomorrow versus Thursday doesn't make a difference. If you are pregnant, then tomorrow you should be around 6 hcg. If you want to kill two birds with one stone and check for a healthy pregnancy, I highly recommend going in closer to the 48 hour mark. :)

I'm sure if the number is higher I will have to keep going in to make they don't have to intervene. I am petafied of a tubal. I had one in my left tube in 2008 and it is now blocked.

I haven't had one, but if you did implant at 8dpo then that's usually a uterine situation. If you want to rule out tubal, don't you have to check for doubling? I was under the impression tubals don't double properly for whatever reason. But I could be wrong. I wouldn't stress. I think your nurse today is a nut. Nurses like to think they know everything after a while, but they don't.

Update**** today's levels 15.8. Verified as pregnant. First ultra sound August 21. Thank you for everyone's help. Truly shocked!

JME Huge congrats!

Dobby from all I've experienced in L&D ( as a medic) The tubals we saw didn't know anything diff. until they got really bad pain - more to one side.
I know we even had a lady that had no prenatal care and came in the ER for stomach pain, and got sent up to L&D cuz she was like 25 wks with an ectopic that had attached to the OUTSIDE of her uterus!
She was a bit "fluffy" and didn't show. They told her she had to have an emerg c sect.
The baby was in NICU for quite a while but did make it from what I'm told.
She had to have a hysterectomy tho due to heavy bleeding, placental tissue invasion bla bla...
For a bit they thought she would have to terminate the preg, but she threw a fit - good thing too. I would hate the thought of losing my uterus, but I would have done the same to try and give the LO a chance to survive.

JME Huge congrats!

Dobby from all I've experienced in L&D ( as a medic) The tubals we saw didn't know anything diff. until they got really bad pain - more to one side.
I know we even had a lady that had no prenatal care and came in the ER for stomach pain, and got sent up to L&D cuz she was like 25 wks with an ectopic that had attached to the OUTSIDE of her uterus!
She was a bit "fluffy" and didn't show. They told her she had to have an emerg c sect.
The baby was in NICU for quite a while but did make it from what I'm told.
She had to have a hysterectomy tho due to heavy bleeding, placental tissue invasion bla bla...
For a bit they thought she would have to terminate the preg, but she threw a fit - good thing too. I would hate the thought of losing my uterus, but I would have done the same to try and give the LO a chance to survive.
Amazing story jlm!
H&h 9 months dobby!

Thanks for the info JLM! I'm glad she fought for what she wanted and has her baby. :)

I'm not pregnant. I'm the opposite of pregnant. SO decided to last minute (as in pull out last minute) that we are no longer trying or NTNP but WTT.

Oh sorry hun got mixed up. That must be really hard 😯

It was hard at first, but with work starting up again and us applying for a town home of my dreams it is easily to unhealthily dive into healthy things. I can also always cross my fingers he messes up hahaha. Things will never get easier at work for him. It's the nature of his field. So no or three years from now, he needs to accept there won't be a "perfect" time for a baby.

You're so right, you muddle through regardless of timing because the good outweighs all the problems with circumstances etc. I hope he sees that soon hungry x

Hahaha no worries. My phone does that and I've dropped it a thousand times so it either autocorrects or spazzes and doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->