Please no judgement, hospitalisation for bipolar/PPD?

I just wanted to give my support and hugs to you. You are being very brave and strong. Just remember that nobody is judging your ability to parent. If a hospital stay will help then you shouldn't feel bad about accepting that help. It's brilliant that they can offer a mother and baby unit as they can clearly seethat you're a great mum, they know that your LO needs to be with her mummy. It's all very well putting LO first but you must take care of yourself too so that you can continue to be a great mum. Think of this like those airplane instructions to put on your own oxygen mask first, you need to look after yourself so you can look after LO in the best way. Xxx

:hugs: huge hard decision for you to make.

I spent some time in a psychiatric mother and baby unit after the birth of my daughter. It was without a doubt the best decision I made. With the 24 hour care I finally got the correct medication sorted. I built up a really strong bond with my daughter and started to feel confidence as a mum.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask. I was in a 3 bed unit in the UK

:hugs: I'd go if I were you. I know its not at all but think of it as a little mum and baby vacation :flower: I've become really good friends with a lady who had severe pnd that she was hospitalised for and she's improved so much. If you were diabetic and kept having hypos and they needed to keep you in to fix your medication you wouldn't think you were a bad mummy you would just go. Your condition is just that, another medical condition. Don't ever feel you should have to justify yourself and your ability to parent. :hugs: hope u get a
L the support u need xx

The mother and baby units are amazing from what I've been told. You need to get better, this will help :hugs:

I cannot give any advice, but I think that your illness is not who you are as a mother, you sound like you are doing an amazing job with your baby even with your hardships.

If those people are advising this, as much as it seems so scary I would take the option. You need to discuss it with you family and friends or anyone you feel comfortable discussing your situation with. I think you are incredibly brave, and can see that things are not right, and well, you just sound quite incredible to try and tackle it for the sake of you family.

xx

I think a hospital stay would definitely be the right choice.

I'm sure you're a wonderful mum to your LO, but it concerns me that you say you don't look after yourself very well. Because, you know, looking after yourself IS part of looking after your LO. You can't have one without the other; you have to give yourself some care and priority too, or you just won't be able to do your best for LO.

Hugs, and I hope you get the help you need, and are feeling better soon.

:hugs: You sound like you are doing a great job as a mom. You definitely need to take care of yourself though too so I think going and getting these meds sorted is a great idea. Hang in there and know a lot of us here are rooting for you!!

no judegement here, im currently suffering from PND and anxiety.

I think you should go, I know you look after your son well but if you dont look after urself then you would find it more difficult to look after him. If my anti-depressants werent helping me I would have agreed to go in hospital you shouldnt have to suffer like this depression is awful :hugs:

I was like that, I have 4 beautiful children, a husband, a new home I should be happy but its not something we can control just remember that

xxx

Well, I spoke to my CPN and she said they're going to keep me on my current medication for a while to see if it evens out, and until they change it I'm better off at home, so for now, I'm at home, I see her again on Wednesday, so I'll see what she says then xxx

Well, I spoke to my CPN and she said they're going to keep me on my current medication for a while to see if it evens out, and until they change it I'm better off at home, so for now, I'm at home, I see her again on Wednesday, so I'll see what she says then xxx

Thanks for updating :) I was wondering how you were getting on. How are you finding your meds are now? X

Just seen your thread. Hope you're okay, you sound like a wonderful mother. Sending you hugs xx

Thanks for updating :) I was wondering how you were getting on. How are you finding your meds are now? X

Thank you, I'm still feeling like they're not doing much to be honest. I don't feel like things have evened out at all, I still feel terrible if I'm perfectly honest :(

Thank you, I'm still feeling like they're not doing much to be honest. I don't feel like things have evened out at all, I still feel terrible if I'm perfectly honest :(

:hugs: Are you able to contact your CPN before Wednesday? Would it be useful to keep a diary of mood changes and thought patterns to help find the right meds/dosage? xx

I can contact her but she doesn't live in my area so she only comes when she's in our area, now she's out me off until Thursday :dohh:. A mood diary is a good idea but I can never keep it up, I find writing it all down way too depressing :(

:hugs: I wanted to just give you a little encouragement. You are a lot stronger than you realize! Just keep talking it out until they get your meds sorted. Your son is gorgeous!! He is picture perfect in your avatar photo! Adorable!

Thank you, I've seen the CPN today and she's mentioned the unit again, I'm taking my husband for a look round tomorrow, so we can make a decision together on whether it's the right choice for our family, I will keep you all updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->