Please pray for my friends

Kielee

Reaction score
Im so sad to be writing this...

A friend of ours Jay woke up Tuesday morning thinking it was 17th March 2004, he doesn't know his Fiancée who he's supposed to be marrying in 6 weeks time. He thinks hes 22 and not 30 and doesn't even know the town he lives in :nope:

Over the last few days he's had to come to terms with finding out that his dad is dead and his best-friend committed suicide last month.

The doctors have said that stress has caused it and his memory will come back when it's ready to and there's nothing anyone can do, it could be days or years for things to come back to him.

So he's missing 8 years of his life and is having to learn things on a daily basis. Like today he saw his phone and couldn't understand how it works with no buttons.

Does anyone have experience of this? x

oh how scary for everyone involved, I hope it resolves soon, it must be so tough for him and his family

:hugs:

I have no experience of this so can't imagine what you are all going through but it must be so scary and confusing, I hope he regains his memory quickly. x

Oh your poor friend. The brain is such a weird organ, its amazing what it can do to try and preserve the person :(

Just wanted to send some :hugs: and hope he gets his memory back quickly - must be tough on everyone :cry: x x

gosh how awful for him nd those around him i hope things get better soon

Poor guy what a scary/tough situation. I Hope he gets better real soon x

what a awful time for him and his family/friends. i hope he recovers soon x

oh wow how scary!!!! I didn't know something like that was possible without physical trauma...it's incredible how the brain will do something like that due to a psychological trauma :nope::nope::nope:

I'll keep him in my prayers and thoughts :hugs:

How scary, I hope he recovers soon xxx

Oh my goodness, how scary :( I hope he recovers soon, I will keep him and his family in my thoughts xx

How Scary, my thoughts are with you and your friends xx

Oh gosh thats so sad and scary. I hope he manages to find the puzzle pieces and feels better soon. xx

Oh my - that's awful! I hope he starts to make progress soon.

But if it's any consolation this happened to one of my DH's best friends 4/5 years ago - he thought he was in the 80's (before both of his marriages) - he's about 95% recovered now but still doesn't remember some things. Photos & videos have helped him (DH had lots).

General consensus among professionals & friends/ family is that it was caused by stress - his business was going through a tough period (recently sold for a pittance), his father had just died & there were other issues with other family members.

Still nothing ladies, no improvement and he's getting more and more frustrated by the day im afraid :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->