Please read...almost out of hope!

Jessuhcuh

Reaction score
So my other half and I have been NTNP since November of 2010 when I got off the pill, which I wasn't taking reguraly anyways. I have always had irregular periods (I'm talking 3-5 months no period), but tests and ultrasounds have shown that I do ovulate and there is nothing wrong, I just don't bleed.

On the 14th of this month, I had EWCM- never seen it quite that thick before, so my hope is that it was either ovulation or that I had ovulated the day before or two days before. Not sure which, because I generally don't try to track since I haven't had a period since April 18.

Anyways, OH and I baby danced on the 10 and the 14. I have severe headache that will not go away, tired, nauseous, and cramping in my lower abdomen and left side. I know at 5DPO it is too early to tell, but I can't shake that feeling that I am pregnant.Anyone have anything similar, with no periods but end up pregnant? How many DPO should I test to get the :bfp: that I want?

Thanks in advance!

I can't say that I've gotten pregnant yet, but I'm in the same boat. I bleed twice a year - 3 times a year at the most - but I ovulate regularly. Last bleed was April 9th :p Last ovulation was July 31st and we did the deed July 27-30. I got a faint positive a couple days ago, but tested again the next morning and nothing (faulty test?). But I went to this website to help me check how far along I would be if I am (I've added the days in my cycle and divided by how many months are inbetween to give me an estimate of how many days my cycle is) and it said that I would be 4 weeks, 6 days. Today would make me 5 weeks. That being said, it's normal for some women not to show on a test until 5 weeks, right? If so, I still have a little bit of hope.

Anyhoo, enough about me. 5DPO is too early, like you said. A few people had advised me once to take a test around 13-15DPO and see how that goes. If nothing, wait about a week and try again.

But I don't know how this pregnancy test thing will work for me considering it runs in the family for us not to show positive on an HPT for some reason. My grandma didn't show positive on an HPT until she was almost 6 months pregnant, my aunt didn't show positive on an HPT with any of her 3 kids, and my other aunt is the same - 3 months along and still showing negative.

I don't know if I'll be the same way or not. I'm currently 19DPO and the last test I took (yesterday morning) said negative. I HOPE I'm like my aunts and my grandma, but I probably won't be and this has just been a failed cycle.

But good luck to you :D
When you DO test, send an update. I want to know what the result is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->