Please read! Don't know what this is....

alexspargo

Reaction score
So this is my fourth pregnancy and I really thought I had felt/experienced it all but about 10 minutes ago I started getting this weird rhythmic pulsating at the top of my bump. It is not my heartbeat, it is not the hiccups, it is not a contraction. It is bizarre. I have never felt this before. I don't know if it is movement from the baby or my uterus is doing something weird. I can still feel the baby moving but this pulsing is freaking me out. Please tell me that one of you knows what I am talking about and has also experienced this! It is still ongoing and if anything is getting stronger. I think it's too rhythmic to be a movement from the baby unless, the only thing I can think of is that I am feeling the baby doing it's practice breathing? It is really high up though and I have literally never felt this with any other pregnancy before. Help!

I've had this sensation! It feels completely involuntary and way too consistent to be the baby. My best guess was it is the uterus doing some weird stretching or practicing. Like random spasms to stretch it. You're probably more likely to feel it because you've had multiple pregnancies! I hope this helps you feel less alone :)

What rate is it going, per minute?

Not sure the rate. It is definitely slower than my heartbeat but not by much. I would say the rate of my heart when I am sleeping. I went to the grocery store on the way home just now and as I was walking around I started getting g terrible cervical pains like the baby had dropped super low. Then I had to poop really bad but I could belarely walk. I made it to the bathroom and I'm home now but my Braxton hicks have picked up and I feel a lot of pressure. The pulsing stopped after about 45 minutes. Super weird.

Newborn babies breathe at a rate of 40-60 per minute... ie slower than your heartrate but not much... could be that at a guess.
I've had this before and put it down to that. ..

It's the baby practising breathing. I've felt it with both of my pregnancies -- it's pretty neat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->