Please read,terrified of labor

CJDMOM3109

Reaction score
I'm going in for my induction tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. and I'm so very scared because I feel something bad is going to happen, this is a thought that I can't shake at all throughout my pregnancy)= I can't picture myself holding my baby girl or anything and that scares me to no end, I don't even want to set things up in her nursery because I really feel something terrible will happen with the labor and I feel soo apprehensive about putting her clothes and stuff in the hospital bag along with putting her car seat in the car because it makes me a nervous wreck. Has anyone else been convinced that something bad is going to happen, but everything turned out ok?

I really need some positive vibes/thoughts please I'm so scared that I don't even want to go to the hospital tomorrow.

Aw. Sorry to hear about your anxiety! Haven't experienced this, but have experienced induction. ( it was a long tough labor, but ended with the vaginal delivery I hoped for, so a success!) have you talked about your extreme anxiety with your doctor? I know some women who have suffered from extreme anxiety during pregnancy, hopefully that's what's going on, and in the end, when you see your baby here safely, you will feel better.
Hopefully you trust your doctor, and if you do, then try to keep your focus on the fact that you are in good hands and will be at the best place to handle any possible complications( although you will probably do just fine dear!)
Hang in there and try to stay strong through your worries, your baby needs you to be strong for it! Best wishes, I'm sure everything will be fine in the end. :)

:hugs: sorry you are feeling this way ! and i really hope this helps ...

i felt the same way in early pregnancy and was convinced i was not going to make it with a normal delivery and i could not picture my self with the baby afterwards and scared my DH by talking about it with him ...went even as far as to tell him how i want my daughter to be bought up ...now when i think about it i was being so silly....a lot of first time mothers are terrified of delivery...

what u can do now is try and forget about the delivery /hospital/labor etc.i did not even want to read about it or see videos of birthing ..instead try putting small images of you and the baby in your head of after u bring her home holding her/feeding/dressing her ...playing with her and just keep repeating it in your head ...if you are distracted start over ....

it really helped me ...now i am not worried about delivery and i do picture my self with the baby ...
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think it's psychological. I, personally, suffer panic disorder so I feel that I can relate to your ... well, "panic."
It's probably safe to say that your fears are just a superstition of sorts. You have to step back and assess yourself and do some soul-searching to see if you honestly believe something bad is going to happen because you are intuitive to it, or if it is simply panic of change.

To be honest, what bothers me is that I can't "see" myself with my baby either. Now, granted I'm just entering my third trimester and this is my first baby; but I'm generally good about "seeing" into things especially when I know they are going to be. But remember also that we are not always meant to foresee everything, that's the plan of the heavens. They don't let us see/know everything. And often when things are so important to us we are cut off from seeing/feeling/knowing. It's just the rule.

I certainly sympathize with your anxiety. The closer I get to delivery, the more scared I get not only about not being able to "see" my baby at all; when I know he's coming!!! But I'm also terrified of the delivery process and healing and being a brand new mommy. But it's like my intuition is switched off and I only have panic and fear to go on. Panic and fear override intuition every time.

I wish you to find some peace and mental relaxation from now until you see your precious little baby tomorrow. Your baby already loves you, unconditionally.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->