Please stop texting me!!!

Nicola27

Reaction score
Just a little rant for Monday night..... I'm now one week over my due date and it's bad enough for me to endure without the added annoyance of my phone beeping/ringing every half an hour with people wanting to know if "i've had any twinges". I know this probably sounds really mean cos my friends/family are excited and just want to be involved and be supportive, but it's really getting me down having to constantly provide updates on absolutely nothing. I wish they'd get the hint when i tell them I'll let them know as soon as anything happens.

Sorry for the rant - but I feel better getting it out!

I know what you mean! I'm still not at my EDD and I'm getting it, but its not bothering me..... Yet!
One of my mates even called my mum when I didn't reply to her on Sunday as we had gone for a walk and I'm crap at checking my phone! But at least it shows they care :)
A lady on a different thread said she told her friends that her EDD was later than it was, perhaps worth thinking about if you go through this again x

I remember that. I would literally copy and paste on my phone the same response to save time with all the texts. It is annoying but I looked at it as I would rather have people care than not. Hope something starts up for you soon!

Unfortunately, it comes with letting people know your due date.

Apart from people who are really close to me (family mainly and about two friends) people just know my baby is due 'early July'.

They are just excited but I will be happy that I don't get anything like that as early July could be quite a few days after the 6th!

Oh yes I had this last time, very annoying! Good luck hun hope your LO arrives soon :)

I feel for you, I really do! I had this with my first. I had my son at 40+10 and so it felt like a very long wait! Once I was at 40 weeks I was so fed up with the messages that I put a statement on Facebook and via text to say something along the lines of "until the baby is born, I won't be using Facebook or replying to any text messages. Please understand that I although it's lovely to know you care, all of the messages asking me if I've had him yet or any signs, etc are starting to get me down and I just need a period of rest until the baby comes. I will let you all know as soon as he has arrived"

It felt like such a relief!!

Yep its nice to know people care but to have to say no nothing all the time is depressing!

thanks for all the replies - I've only had one text today so far, so hopefully people are getting as bored with asking as I am with telling! Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer

xx

i've been getting it on a daily basis from my in-laws..."how are ya feeling today?"...i know they are just excited so i'm trying not to let it bother me cause it is their first grandchild too but it is getting a bit annoying...

aww poor you i know what thats like, my mother in law just wont leave me alone. she keeps telling me to tell the baby to hurry up because she wants to run in a steal her! and I'm not even 40 weeks yet!

Apart from people who are really close to me (family mainly and about two friends) people just know my baby is due 'early July'.

They are just excited but I will be happy that I don't get anything like that as early July could be quite a few days after the 6th!

date twin :) I've told most people 'early July' too!

Oh I have literally just posted this on a new thread!!!!
It's so annoying my other halfs family are the worst for it!!! They started at 38 weeks, and aren't letting up!
I refuse to let them know when I'm in labour because can you imagine?! I'd be getting texts every 10 minutes!!!!

date twin :) I've told most people 'early July' too!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

i am not even 40 either....i'm only 36 weeks and a bit....will be 37 weeks on friday

i've now resorted to turning my phone off during the day. Then at least I can answer all the texts at the end of the day and it doesn't bother me as much that way. The new thing I'm getting now is people giving me "advice" on how to speed up the process - i.e. drive over speed bumps and eat curries! argh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->