Please tell me it's water weight!

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
Ok so for my previous pregnancies that went full term, I lost weight in the beginning from being so sick, so far I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and the scale is literally going up everyday! I've already gained about 8 lbs and I can't figure out why!!!! I've been watching what I eat, I'm not struggling with being hungry all the time, I've been exercising, I have increased my water and I know some of it definitely is water weight, but 8 lbs!!! It's freaking me out as I wasn't expecting to be this weight until the end of my second trimester, please tell me I'm not the only one!

Yes some is def water weight, but if your diet has changed from before it can cause weight differences. So lets say if you didnt eat much or as healthy as before you got pregers, you may gain extra weight once you have been eating a bit more etc even though you are eating healthy.

It might also be from irregularity. Pregnancy hormones cause the food to move slower through your bowel and a lot of women find there's more of a "buildup" even very early.

Thanks Ladies, I'm definitely hoping most of it is just water weight! I'm not used to gaining any weight until atleast mid 2nd trimester! Hubby just said I'm making a boy lol ;)

I just don't weigh myself. :haha: I'll wait until I do that at my appts. But it is more then likely water weight or due to constipation and such. I'm sure it will all balance out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->