Please tell me there is something i can take?

doctordeesmrs

Mummy to 2 boys TTC #3
Reaction score
I've been really suffering these past few weeks. Last week was horrendous i had a weird flu like thing. Temp up and down and it felt like i was swallowing razor blades. Now on to this week my throat still a little sore and i have a full on head cold. What can i take to help ease it? On top of the morning sickness i'm feeling pretty miserable. :cry:

I've been living on Manuka honey and lemon in hot water.... Lovely and soothing and can down two plain old paracetamols to get rid of the headache! Manuka honey is also really great apparently as its an antibacterial so had bug fighting properties!

Hey,

Sorry you are feeling so poorly on top of morning sickness. I've had cold/flu twice since getting pregnant, not nice!

Can you pop in to your pharmacy at all? They were very helpful with me and helped me find the most suitable products.

I know you can take paracetemol but don't know if you've tried that already. My pharmacist also suggested Robbitisun for me which is for coughs but also helped coat my throat to take away a bit of that pain.

Also like Isabella, had manuka honey - yummy!

Good luck x

Manuka honey and lemon drinks, it really will help. Manuka is amazing stuff. Go for at least 5+ but you don't need to pay out for over 15+ anything between that will work great!

I would try the honey remedies, it's all natural and if the honey is raw it will also have amazing antibacterial properties, on that note if you can stomach eating some raw coconut oil, it will help to soothe and coat your throat and also has some amazing antibacterial properties

May want to check with your doc. I was allowed tylenol cold. Honey lemon tea is soothing too. Feel better

I've been in the exact same boat the entire time Since I got my bfp so I feel your pain and can tell you exactly what pharmacists and dr said to me !

Unfortunately not a tonne you can do. They said regular tylonel is fine - not tylonel cold or nighttime tylonel or any of that . They said no cough syrup. Honey and lemon like a lot of girls here have said, the warm honey drink is great. They also make cough drops that are 99% honey, they cost a bit more but you're not worried about all the chemicals in the other cough drops that way. They sell them at shoppers and London drugs depending on where you live, I don't know if you have those stores, probably not London drugs anyway. Anyway, get lots of sleep and drink tonnes of water.

My cough did not go away , I know you don't have a bad cough, but if it turns into what I had then go to the dr. He ended up giving me a prescription for an inhaler, which is also safe, it just goes into the lungs . And that's the only thing that had allowed me to breath properly again. After six weeks my cough is finally starting to go away.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I shall get some honey when i'm out this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->