Please tell me this gets better :( I want to be excited like everyone else

Estesbaby

Reaction score
Found out yesterday at a scan that baby is a boy... And I don't feel excited in the least bit. I guess I wanted a girl all along, I had no idea if baby was a boy or girl but I wanted a girl. The rest of my family including DH is excited and can't wait to buy stuff but I just don't really care. I feel so ungrateful this is my first baby so I know I still have a chance at having a little girl, but I should be excited about this gift we've been given and I don't feel like I am.

I don't have anyone to talk to that would understand, I have a friend who is also pregnant but she just found out a week or so ago, I just know she is going to have a girl and I'm afraid I'll be even more upset then. DH wants to pick a name and no boy names interest me whatsoever. I hate boy clothes they are so boring and not unique at all. I never pictured myself with a boy and I'm so upset now.

Please tell me this gets better, I keep trying to remind myself, this is your son, but I just can't get used to that.

:hugs:

It will get better, baby boys are so amazing! Have you tried looking online or in books for baby names, once you can find something you love and name bump I think it will help with bonding. Also there are some really cute and gorgeous boys clothes out there (I lovee dressing my son) if you look (and nursery bedding etc.) so it would probably help to go out and buy things that catch your eye. There are so many positives to having a little boy, once he's here you really won't wish any different. Also there's a good chance he may have a little sister/s one day too so it's not final you will only have a boy. Hope you're feeling excited soon. xx

I can only tell you from experience you will read back at this and be amazed at how you thought it.

My son is 19 months and is my world. Yours will also be your world. Boys are so loving and caring and really mummies boys. Honestly I cannot tell you enough how everything will be ok and how you will LOVE having a son.

I also thought boys clothes were boring but there is so much nice stuff out there I know LOVE going shopping for him.

I am not saying the desire to have a girl will go as we are currently ttc no.2 and I would love a girl BUT I am ok with a little brother for my son as if he is a fraction of the cheeky smiley handful I already have I be very blessed xx

Thank you girls so much, especially for not judging me. I think we have picked out a name, but I'm not positive. I'm trying to look at boy stuff, I did buy a few onesies and sleepers today which is helping.

It's getting better already honestly, I also found out my cousin who just had a little boy a month ago was feeling this same way so it's helped talking to her about this too.

Thank you for the support! It means a lot!!

Agree--it will most likely get better. Let me tell you...boys are AMAZING! I don't know what I'd do without my little guy. I'm completely in love:) And I used to think that boy toys, trains, etc., annoyed me, but now--I love them, because I LOVE to see him happy, so I'm more than willing to play trains with him, lol:)

I used to think boys clothes were so boring, but if you shop around you can find some really nice things, you just have to look a little harder than for cute girls clothes. Big hugs, it will more than likely get better, I remember being gutted to find out my baby was a boy, and now I could laugh at that, I love him with all my heart and can't believe I was ever disappointed, I hope in time, you'll feel the same way :hugs:

I used to think boys clothes were so boring, but if you shop around you can find some really nice things, you just have to look a little harder than for cute girls clothes. Big hugs, it will more than likely get better, I remember being gutted to find out my baby was a boy, and now I could laugh at that, I love him with all my heart and can't believe I was ever disappointed, I hope in time, you'll feel the same way :hugs:

Aww your boy is so adorable!

Thanks again! I do hope it gets better, it's starting to the more I think about it, but then there's all these cute dresses and what not where ever you go. I try to look past them and move on.

I am also trying to not beat myself up over how I feel. I feel guilty in a way like my son isn't even here and I'm disappointed my finding out he is boy. It seems so wrong to feel that way. I do love him, he just isn't what I expected and all the pregnancy hormones are making it worse. I've cried about it when I've been alone at least once a day since we found out. I cry because of my expectations and then I continue to cry because I feel like I'm already a bad mother :(

Anyone have suggestions on finding cute boy clothes? I'm the US and places like Wal Mart, Kohls, (department stores) just seem to only have plain pants and onesies, that's it.

I was so upset when I found out I was having a boy with my first. I just couldn't imagine having a son. My cousin was pregnant along with my, but about 5 months behind me. She did end up having a girl, but by the time she found out, I was fixing to have my son and was just too excited to be at the end to meet him, it didn't matter at all :)
I will say my son has changed my life, and my views on having boys all together. I just couldn't even imagine him being a girl, or having a closer bond if he was a girl. It just wouldn't be that way at all. The clothes are so cute, he wears little cowboy hats, boots and belts with his daddy. We enjoy fishing, riding the four wheeler, race car shows, monster trucks and we all have a blast. He is VERY much a typical boy and loves boy things. No pink, dolls or anything a girl would play with. I'm actually having my second boy and so thrilled!!!!! I know that no matter what, the sex of the baby does not matter once they are here. I've come to terms long ago that I most likely will be a mother of all boys and I am ok with that. I think there is something really special about a mommy and all her boys!

And btw, trust me....it gets REALLY old always dressing a child up. After 19 months, he's lucky if I get him in some shorts for the day! :rofl:
But my favorite places to shop is target, carters, gap outlets, macy's etc. I stay far away from walmart. I HATE their clothes for boys.

Here's my little boy dressed up in his cowboy outfit for his birthday pictures and last Christmas in his ADORABLE Christmas sweater with santa.
Edit- I don't like to keep his pictures around online so I took them off now since you have seen.

Awww so sweet!!! I will definitely be looking at the store you mentioned for some cute clothes! I'm glad to know there is more out there for little boys then just athletic shorts and t shirts! Not that I wouldn't let him wear that stuff, I'm sure there will be times when that's all I have the time to put him in, but I like options.

I was actually able to talk to DH about this a little tonight and I think I'm feeling a little better now then I was earlier today. I don't really feel like I am having to put on a show or whatever in front of him now. He acted and said that he understands, he thinks he would have been the same if they told us we were having a girl. So at least I don't feel like I'm keeping a secret from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->