Please tell me this is normal....

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
My son is 11 yeras old and about to start secondary school and he is being HORRID! I am sure it is hormones (is this early?) as his hair is greasy if not washed everyday, he smalls 'boyish' and he has brown hairs growing 'down there' already! But oh gosh --- where has my lovely, funny sensitive boy gone? :cry: All he does is stomp around the house. He is rude and has an answer for absoloutely everything! And he is so so argumentative! He does not let up ---- he wants his own way! He doesn't get it but will push push push until I am ready to crack up :cry: He gets a warning. He gets consequences --- early bed time, grounded, DS and wot not removed ------ nothing works at all:cry:

Seriously, he has developed such an attitude and seems he has gone backwards emotionally as in he can no longer see anyones point of view but his own!

How do I deal with this? How do I get my lovely son back? He is so hard to be around right now and it is making me so sad :nope:

To top it off my daughter is in full terrible 2 mode --- my house seems like a war zone somedays :dohh:

Please help!

My son is 11 too and just the same so think its normal hun, doesnt make it any easier though does it. My boy literally thinks we are all mad and hes the only (in his words) "normal" one!!! He even said hes looking forward to me having a baby "because this one might be normal ...like me!!!" oh and of course im just a b***h in his eyes most of the time :cry: sorry to say but i keep being told it gets a lot worse before it gets better!!!

I too have been told it will get worse before better ---- I feel so out of my depth! He has always been such a good, sweet natured child and he has been replaced by the devil's off-spring --- I am sure of it :haha:

How do you handle the behaviour? I feel nothing really woorks --- not for more than a day anyhow :cry:

My dd is 13 and she has been going through it since 11, I can't believe how much she's changed and how bad her attitude is. I've been through her stealing out the house, hurting her younger sister's and brother, answering back etc She has nothing in her room now because how bad she become.

Im not sure that i do handle it really lol!!! Sorry not much help am i but i can sympathise! Ive tried grounding, taking his phone away, dsi, early to bed, no ps3 etc etc etc....nothing works. It might work for a bit but never for long. Hes becoming a bit of a bully to his brothers and sister too which is not nice. We have the added problem of his dad is my ex so when he visits his other family they let him get away with everything and baby him :dohh: Ive tried sitting him down and talking to him and this always goes well and i feel we get somewhere.....untill 5 mins later when it kicks off again!!!

God ladies! How long do we have this for, do you think?? Ek am sure I was never so bad!

I've started taking pocket money off her now and that seems to be working, also I make her do housework every time she thinks it's ok to behave how she does (she hates it and can see in her face lol) hopefully will get easier for us all x

'What your children deserve least when they need it most' https://wp.me/p1CpgO-b0 (third one down) is an article that addresses a lot of these concerns with some really practical tips on how to handle rudeness and disrespect in a gentle and effective manner. Basically, it's about helping parents to see beyond the behavior to the cause behind the behavior and address that cause, creating a connection that builds the parent/child relationship :hugs: and establishes mutual respect. HTH!

My son is 11 yeras old and about to start secondary school and he is being HORRID! I am sure it is hormones (is this early?) as his hair is greasy if not washed everyday, he smalls 'boyish' and he has brown hairs growing 'down there' already! But oh gosh --- where has my lovely, funny sensitive boy gone? :cry: All he does is stomp around the house. He is rude and has an answer for absoloutely everything! And he is so so argumentative! He does not let up ---- he wants his own way! He doesn't get it but will push push push until I am ready to crack up :cry: He gets a warning. He gets consequences --- early bed time, grounded, DS and wot not removed ------ nothing works at all:cry:

Seriously, he has developed such an attitude and seems he has gone backwards emotionally as in he can no longer see anyones point of view but his own!

How do I deal with this? How do I get my lovely son back? He is so hard to be around right now and it is making me so sad :nope:

To top it off my daughter is in full terrible 2 mode --- my house seems like a war zone somedays :dohh:

Please help!

Maybe he is nervous about school? My son (almost 13) cried this year cause he was nervous about everything from finding his classrooms to if he would miss the bus! My son does not get grouchy, he is a cryer! (which if you seen my son he is 5 ft 8 1/2 inches tall you would think he would be a big old tough mean boy) Plus my son has a full bush down yonder!!! EKKKKK!!!! I know they grow up super fast!!!

I hadn't thought of that! I may have the school discussion! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->