please tell me your induction stories?

mummynummy

Reaction score
Tomorrow I be seeing my consultant and at her last appointment I can have an induction before 40 weeks due to previous births well I'm 33 weeks now and would they book me in for an induction tomorrow? I don't want to get my hopes up. I also got a growth scan too. I would like to hear your stories anyway and when they induced you thanks

I don't imagine they will book it tomorrow. I had weekly appointments from around 32 weeks with the consultant and it was decided at around 34 weeks that I would be induced early. I had an appointment when I was exactly 37 weeks and they booked the induction for 4 days later, so I imagine they will leave it until you are full term.

My induction lasted 3 days, I went in on the Tuesday and had a pessary inserted but it didn't do much, I had 2 more the following day and it gave me contractions but they slowed down. I was taken down to the labour ward on the third day and they broke my waters and started me on the drip. I went from 2cm to 10cm in less than 90 minutes, which was very intense and painful. I had 2 failed epidurals so just had to have gas and air. I struggled with the pushing part and was pushing for an hour, so they ended up cutting me and I had a 3rd degree tear, so ended up in theatre under a general straight afterwards.

I went 13 days past my due date before induction. My baby wasnt dropping very low and my cervix wasnt thinning much. They gave me vaginal cervidil, with plans to start pit the next morning. Nope! Within an hour, I was having regular contractions. They pulled the vaginal insert and I labor on my own - never ended up getting pit. Got epi after 14 hours - baby came at hour 20 after a little over an hour of pushing. It wasn't the natural birth I had wanted, but it really was fine and we both came out healthy!!

I had an induction at 36+4. I was having preclampsia issues, and my BP wouldn't go down after 2 days of monitoring, plus I was having contractions and was already 3 cm dilated since the week before. I was induced shortly after 10AM and had my boy in my arms by 6:44PM.

Unless there are health issues present I don't see why they would induce you this early.

I was induced at 36+4 due to my placenta starting to fail and my baby stopped growing, I highly doubt they would induce that early without a very good medical reason.

I doubt they would induce that early unless there was immediate danger, depending on what your previous problems were they would probably wait until as close to 37 weeks as possible. My induction was because I was 42 weeks, it was a typical train of intervention pessary, epidural, forceps my body just wasn't ready

thanks ladies. They not gonna induce me early, they gonna induce me before i go overdue as i kept going overdue and after being in slow labour for a week and having a traumatic birth which i believed led to my daughter dying, i asked not to go over 40 weeks and they said its fine anyway that might change as i got GD, i just have to see how big he will be, having my baby early is the last thing i want, i prefer to wait but im too scared to have the same thing happen to my daughter to my little boy anyway i was asking would they give me a date tomorrow at my consultant appointment or would they make another one to set a date as im new to this?

In my experience they probably wouldn't give you a date this early as there's a good chance you will labour before that. They might say induction at 40 weeks, for example, but I imagine they won't actually book it until a week or two before as a lot can change between now and then.

Also doubt they'd book it more than a week before as you may well go in to labour naturally before then.
My induction was very hard but that was more down to me being allergic to gas and air. They are all different and are meant to be easier if you've given birth before.

I was induced at 40+10 and I actually had a good experience (wouldn't be worried about being induced again tbh other than not wanting to go that late :wacko:)

I went in at 9.30 they gave me a pessary, I went home then came back at 2pm with 3min apart contractions, waters broke about 3pm I was moved to delivery at 7pm when they finally checked me (hadn't done since I went at 9.30 as FTM they said it would be ages!) I was 8cm I gave birth to my little boy at 10.35pm on Gas & Air :thumbup:

I was induced last month 12 days late, second baby. Pessary started working after an hour. Baby started to become distressed with double contractions every 2mins so waters broken at 2cm after about 9hrs early labour. (Meconium in waters)
Baby was born 1hr 14mins later! Very quick, very intense, 2nd degree tear but much quicker recovery than my forceps delivery. I had diamorphine too late tho cos it was all so quick which affected baby's heartrate and breathing for a while.

My induction...was unwanted. I was 39 weeks but I knew I ovulated early so, in my eyes, I was right on time.
I feel like a jerk for sharing my story but you asked so here it is:

My water broke at 10am Friday morning and my plan was to go all natural. Of course, if your water is broken too long, you risk infection which would be passed on to baby, so the clock was ticking and I got to go longer than doctors would normally allow since I was so stubborn about doing things naturally.

When my contractions weren't getting any closer together and the pain was unbearable, at 4:30am Saturday morning, I reluctantly agreed to be induced with Cytotec (misoprostol), a little pill that you swallow, with Demoral & Phenergan for pain relief, since I wanted to avoid Pitocin and an epidural at all costs. The pain relief allowed me to get some sleep but once it wore off, I was right back where I started. I had been at 3cm when I went in on Friday and had only made it to 4.5cm after that induction.

At 10am Saturday (24 hours later), I agreed to an epidural and Pitocin and I felt like I was betraying myself and my baby. It felt great and I got so much rest. I made it to about 9.5cm but didn't reach complete by 4pm (30 hours later).

My contractions were still not close enough together (probably because of the epidural slowing them down) and they refused to turn the Pitocin back on to speed them up, because the baby was not responding well to it.

At 4:58pm Saturday, my LO was born via emergency C-section and I did, in fact, have the starts of an infection for waiting so long, so she had to go to the NICU to be tested and monitored for a few hours before they let her room with me (but still had NICU monitoring her every few hours in my room).

My induction was set over 2 weeks ago for 38+1. I'm 35 today. So it's not for certain they won't schedule in advance. Type 2 Diabetic here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->