Please use your WTT time to check your vaccinations

gcgal10

Reaction score
I've posted this in another thread but thought that it would be beneficial in the WTT thread as you ladies have the time to get everything sorted before TTC.

I recently got my blood tests back from an early miscarriage and found out that I have no immunity from Chicken Pox. I'd been TTC for over 6 months and really thought I was doing everything right - taking all the vitamins, eating right etc, not realizing that I should have been checked for chicken pox & rubella immunity. I'm now faced with a two month wait after being vaccinated (which is the last thing I wanted - I'm so desperate to TTC again) because I missed something I should have done months ago.

I'm sure most of you have already done this ( I'm so annoyed at myself for not realizing I had to check this), but if not please get tested. If my pregnancy had continued I would have had a very stressful 9 months knowing I had no immunity to chicken pox, and that the results of catching it can be awful to an unborn baby.

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Did you have chicken pox as a child?

I had chicken pox as a child and it was required to get the rubella vaccine when I was little I believe... lots of these things were required for me to go to college :thumbup:

Thank you for the heads up though love... I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Did you have chicken pox as a child?

No I never had it even though I work with children. I'm sure I was vaccinated as a child but I think they wear off. Apparently the rubella one can wear off too even though most people were vaccinated as teenagers, although mine was fine.

Thanks for the heads up, I would never have thought of getting checked for them all. I'm a bit dozy lol, I forget a lot of things!!

Thanks again, and sorry for your loss, hope you get a nice sticky BFP soon! xx

Chicken pox vaccine is not given out to children in the UK.

If you have had chicken pox as a child you have immunity for the rest of your life (although you may later get shingles from the same virus in later life).

This is different to rubella, which can wear off over time and is the reason that every woman WTT should have their rubella immunity checked (I just did this last week and am fine).

No need to get chicken pox immunity checked if you've already had it as a kid. I hope this clears things up for those of you worrying about this now.

To the OP, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and your subsequent WTT period. I hope it flies by for you x

thanks for this info- i was about to book a drs appointment to check rubella and had no idea about chicken pox immunity. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage and that you need to wait two months, i hope the wait passes quickly for you.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup: I have read a lot of different sites about preparing for ttc but none that has mentioned this.

I'm sorry about your miscarriage though and I hope that time goes by fast so you can ttc again (and get your BFP!) xx

so sorry for your loss but thank you so much for the reminder. i have never had chicken pox so will ring the doctor and get a vaccination sorted. thank you! :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->