Plus size clothing.

kerrie24

me,him and 3 lo's
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knows anywhere where they do decent looking plus size stuff that is true to size and doesnt cost the earth.

Ive had to give up on the excercize due to an injury and trying to diet makes me bloody depressed so Im just gonna treat myself to a new wardrobe and make myself feel better for the time being.Id like to make the most of what Ive got.
Im a size 18-20.

Next do nice bits or there's YoursClothing which does come up.a little big so best get a size smaller, Marisota do bigger sizes too xx

I find New Look have quite a good range of plus size clothes - both online and in store and they often have items on sale too. And best of all the clothes look good, are modern and well made. I find that Evans are very overpriced so I tend to avoid there.

I tend to do well in the Evans and Wallis sales - but only if I get in quick when it starts! Otherwise I like Yours, and Matalan. Online I've heard good things about Bonprix, but I haven't used them myself.

Simply Be are good for some stuff (although some of their things are v expensive) - worth looking at them during the sales.

Try Yours Clothing. Theres a fab group on FB called Curvy Girls where people sell/swap clothes x

Im not plus size but don't most places do bigger sizes these days? I see 18s and 20s in pretty much every shop I go to :shrug:

Yeah they do but sometimes they are hard to find or they make the waist massivly high but still skinny legs or whatever lol

Forever 21+ I LOVE their clothes. Really stylish and well made. Only problem is they only have 2 uk shops (london and birmingham) so I order online and have never had a problem.

ASDA, Tesco and Sainsbury do nice plus size stuff but you need to choose carefully as some of the things are not so great, also Evans does some nice things but I'd never pay full price for them-sometimes they will give out a 25% off everything code and have an event on their site with 30% off everything for a few days on their site-so 55% off basically, and if stuff is already in the sale, its an absolute steal so its only then that I get things from them. I am a size 18 at the moment too but I have very skinny legs and arms and my problem is that that stuff that is meant to be slim fitting in my size fits well on the waist but on the hips, bum and legs or arms fits horribly, like a sack :( xx

Forever 21+ I LOVE their clothes. Really stylish and well made. Only problem is they only have 2 uk shops (london and birmingham) so I order online and have never had a problem.

How have I never come across this site before?!?!?! It's wayyy better than any I've seen and fab sale!

I get my work clothes from ASDA, ordered a pair of trousers, pussybow blouse, colourblock top and cardi for £18 a few weeks ago!

New Look I find has the most random sizing, I brought some jeans that are slightly too bit and brought some black trousers in the same size and struggle to get them over my thighs!

Evans I find are overpriced and crap quality - how on earth do you manufacture pairs of jeans where ONE LEG shrinks in the wash?! They traded for so long on a captive market that they didn't have to bother much with. Their trousers in particular are made for total apple shaped women - I'm big but with a tiny waist in proportion to my body (well until I got up-duffed) - so they're particularly useless for me!

Next do up to a 22 I think - tend to have to order online, but I like their stuff, their delivery's excellent and also one of the few places that do some plus size maternity things. They're also not tiny fitting - the 22 trousers I've got (I'm generally a 22/24) are nice and roomy and to be honest I could have gone down to a 20 comfortably. Had fallen out of love with Next but rediscovered them in persuit of maternity trousers and I'm impressed and will prob keep ordering clothes from there when I get unbumped now... also helps we've got a clearance branch round the corner from us!

Asda - I get quite a lot of stuff from George - not had much fail me from there - have some fantastic jeans that I need to say goodbye to since they're more hole than jeans and I'm going to miss them sooooo much.

Matalan now have the Rogers+Rogers stuff - I don't find it as good as when it was the chain in its own right, and I find it slightly small fitting - but it's got some nice things in there, and if you live near a clearance Matalan - you can pick up things like a winter coat for £3 which was nice and bargainous.

I'm not plus size but my friend is and loves forever21! If you can get to Birmingham, the store is amazing!

I agree with Evans being overpriced, I worked there as a teenager, it's so expensive and the amount of returns we had just through sheer shite quality was silly.

Great thread thanks ladies, i feel my bank balance being raided tonight ;)

Evans I find are overpriced and crap quality - how on earth do you manufacture pairs of jeans where ONE LEG shrinks in the wash?! They traded for so long on a captive market that they didn't have to bother much with. Their trousers in particular are made for total apple shaped women - I'm big but with a tiny waist in proportion to my body (well until I got up-duffed) - so they're particularly useless for me!

Next do up to a 22 I think - tend to have to order online, but I like their stuff, their delivery's excellent and also one of the few places that do some plus size maternity things. They're also not tiny fitting - the 22 trousers I've got (I'm generally a 22/24) are nice and roomy and to be honest I could have gone down to a 20 comfortably. Had fallen out of love with Next but rediscovered them in persuit of maternity trousers and I'm impressed and will prob keep ordering clothes from there when I get unbumped now... also helps we've got a clearance branch round the corner from us!

Asda - I get quite a lot of stuff from George - not had much fail me from there - have some fantastic jeans that I need to say goodbye to since they're more hole than jeans and I'm going to miss them sooooo much.

Matalan now have the Rogers+Rogers stuff - I don't find it as good as when it was the chain in its own right, and I find it slightly small fitting - but it's got some nice things in there, and if you live near a clearance Matalan - you can pick up things like a winter coat for £3 which was nice and bargainous.

I think that is a bit unfair about Evans; yes it is overpriced BUT I was saying if you play your cards right and order online combining sales, on site offers and voucher codes you can save a lot of money and then it is most definitely worth it. I have found the quality of Evans stuff has improved drastically in the past few years and I am talking as someone who sews and has even had a sewing business in the past so I know what I am talking about-I have one viscose jersey top I bought in 2006 and aside from one of the decorative buttons coming off (easily fixed), it still looks in new condition despite being worn once practically every week. I also have jeggings and maxi dresses I got in 2009 and again, still perfect. My mum stopped shopping at Evans about 10 years ago but in the past couple of years has started again as she also feels the quality has drastically improved. As with any other shop as well, some of their stuff is really decent, some of it is not, you just have to be discerning. I have got quite a few tops and cardis from George or Tesco that get bobbled or get holes in after only a few uses/washes-and sometimes it is the pricier stuff that fails most miserably.

I LOVE Evans but it is quite expensive and for some reasont their clothing always seems to be really long...a few tops i've bought from there i've worn as dresses and i'm 5ft 8 :shrug:
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->