plus size

amber87jones

Reaction score
so I am plus size and its depressing because I use to be a track star and head cheerleader in high school which was only 9 years ago and I am 99.9% sure that I am pregnant..i want to loose weight bad but I know that the first three months of pregnancy are crucial and if you were going to miscarry it would've been in that time..im taking a test on Friday and hoping and praying for a BFP..anywho will if be safe for me to work out and loose weight with the being my first pregnancy ever?<3<3<3

Hi! Have you tested yet or find anything out? Yes you can work out while you are pregnant and the doctors ENCOURAGE you to do so. The losing weight while pregnant would depend on how overweight you are (how far away from your ideal weight medically speaking). I don't think they recommend "dieting" per say, but eating a very healthy diet and no junk, if you are overweight, would slim you down to gaining HEALTHY weight during pregnancy. The amount of weight you are recommended to gain depends on how far away from your ideal weight you are. Your Dr will cover all this with you and you can ask them how much weight you should gain, amount and intensity of exercise and so on just ask. Hope you got your BFP!

sadly I didn't get my BFP but praying I do this month..i am 200lbs over weight (she says cautiously) so I am trying to drop weight fast but what I am doing isn't working ive droped it before so idk why I cant do it now..

dieting, working out 5x a week, all the same things I use to

If you're working out, eating the right foods and still not losing then maybe pop to the docs and have a word as you really should lose if your exercising and eating right

Whats your typical daily meal plan ?

What type of foods are you eating? What type of exercise? If you are doing all the right things then I would definitely speak with your Dr about it. I'm sure that's very frustrating.

trying to stay away from the processed junk..im using the special k/weight watchers food for my meal plan..also I do yoga and cardio..i walk a lot but sometimes walking for too long hurts my back so I cant walk far anymore..

aww hun good luck!

I also am very overweight and am just starting to give myself that kick up the ass i need to get motivated. I am around 20 stone so i have a whopping 6 stone to loose before im happy.

have you been drinking lots of water? my sister lost a lot of weight by increasing her water intake xx

Hello there :), I am also plus sized and trying to lose the weight!. If you are indeed pregnant your doctor may suggest you only gain what is absolutely needed during your gestation, about 15lb depending on your overall condition. I've heard of women losing weight during their pregnancy but I would be very careful.. You only need an extra 300 calories for baby each day anyways and most of the weight you will put on is just amniotic fluid and placenta along with the extra blood you will have circulating around. Just continue to eat healthy foods but don't be too restricting, You should do low-impact exercise like swimming and walking that are gentle on the body, aqua-aerobics is also good if you are preggers :). good luck!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->