Pocket Nappies

Rachie004

Reaction score
I've just ordered some pocket nappies on a bit of a whim to bulk out my stash a little more.

I've had a quick google of how to prep them - do I really need to tumble dry the cover? We don't have a drier although could probably use a friend's.

Just looking for some guidance, thanks :)

I don't tumble dry mine because it wears out the PUL faster. I don't know why you would have to tumble dry to prep them?

I read it was to seal the PUL?

I honestly have no idea! Do I just wash them as usual? How many times etc xx

I've never tumble dried mine and have some that have been in constant use for almost 3 years. I got given some tumble dried pea pods and the laminate had peeled off.

I just do one wash as I would with any new article of clothing.

I use pockets and don't own a tumble drier. Never had any issues with leaks and the fabric still looks great.

I read it was to seal the PUL?

I honestly have no idea! Do I just wash them as usual? How many times etc xx

I have heard that to attempt to repair a small pinhole in older diapers, but honestly I don't think the dryer gets hot enough to melt the PUL.

If they are new diapers, just one wash with your usual cloth diaper routine should do. If the inserts are microfiber or another synthetic material then the same applies, but natural fibers will need more prepping to get them to their optimal absorbency.

Awesome :)

Thank you very much girlies. I feel ever so wild for trying something new :haha:

Oky, so they arrived this morning and they're really pretty but I'm not sure if I'm convinced by them!

Do they *really* not need to be worn with a wrap? I'm so used to a two part systen that I feel really dubious about them, actually considering returning them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->