Pocket nappy inserts, Smart nappy probs etc!

wannabewillow

Reaction score
Hiya. Have just ordered some bamboo and some hemp boosters particularly for night time use. I was just wondering if it was possible to use these on their own with BG V3 and Wonderoos during the day. I think Mairi's taking some getting used to the bulk of microfleece linings and it's unpredictable, sometimes her nappies are really wet, othertimes not so much. So far I've only received the bamboo ones and they seem much slimmer, which I think she'll prefer. If I have to use both together, so be it, hopefully in a couple of weeks, LO will have forgotten all about disposables!

My other question is, I quite liked the Mothercare Smart Nappy, but I've found that the elastic that holds the insert in tends to get damp, so I end up having to change both parts. This is sometimes the case within 2 hours of putting the nappy on, because of this, I'm reluctant to use them regularly. Are tyhere any tips for keeping this bit dry. Are BG flips similar?

Thanks again for all tips
Joanne x

Hi ya,

I've never tried the MC smart nappy but do have BG flips which I think are fab, I have found that I don't need to change both parts of the nappy at each change just wipe the outer and put in a new insert. Izzie is a heavy wetter and I've found that even wig microfibre 3 hrs later the elastic part is fine!

Good luck Hun x

I haven't had issues with the flip covers the leg elastic is covered by PUL so it doesn't get wet or wick.

Can't speak for the SmartNappy wraps as i haven't used them

We used smart nappies for quite a while. I did find the elastic got a bit damp but if you air it out, it's ok to reuse again. I used to alternate three or four outers in a day and just leave them to hang over the side of her cot to air. If you find yourself having to change the nappy every two hours, I'd probably look at adding extra boosters underneath the normal smart nappy insert. You can use a fleece liner on top of the insert (tucked into the hammock bit like the insert) and that might help keep the elastic dry too.

I definitely prefer Flips to the smart nappies. They are the same idea except the inserts are wider as there is no gusset bit - they're held in place at the top and bottom but not along the sides. They are way more absorbant than SNs and I can almost always reuse the outer.

Great. Thanks. I've only ordered one flip so far, but I know that a couple of websites are discounting them, so maybe I'll get a few more and build up the stash. Don't tell the hubby though! Lol

with regard to the inserts as long as they fit in it should be okay. Anything like that is a matter fo trial and error really :flower:

I tried the smart nappy and didn't get on with it as the outer always became wet and the inners didn't seem to hold much. - I have now swapped to the pop-in bamboos and think they are fab. With these you are meant to change the outer on every nappy change and I find the inners so much more absorbent, oddly it doesn't get all over the outer even though they are designed to be changed each time! Ironic I guess... :dohh:

Pop-Ins, another brand now for me to try!!!!! Thanks for the recommendation. Will be sure to look them out.
Joanne x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->