Pointless things that make you wonder WHY????

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
Just a fun thread for people to post things they can see no point in

The thing that gets me the most is the eject button on the dvd remote - ive gotta get up to change it anyways so i might aswell press the 1 on the player :dohh:

Record buttons on tape players and old vhs when recording the stuff is illegal without permision.

I find myself thinking whats the point of that at least twice a day now I cant think of any :)

i use the eject button sometimes!

the stupid sleeves you get on hardbacked books, they annoy the shite out of me!

why do they build cars to go 140mph when the speed limit is 70mph max.?

uh the sleeves on the hard back book annoy me to i always take them off. x

oh i also think whats the point of setting an alarm for a certain time and then hitting the snooze button every 10 mins for the next hour!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr

I had a milkshake the other day which had a cap on it and then foil over the lid. Im not sure why it needed both lol

Wrappers on fruit :shrug:

Oh and when things come in a box wrapped in pairs and wrapped on there own. Who needs that much packaging

High settings on toasters than just incinerate bread.

And packets of nuts that have the warning "May contain nuts" on them.

The picture you get on food packets with 'serving suggestion' written under it when it's just a bowl of cereal or something.

i know it bugs loads of people but the automatic "no touch" soap dispenser.. what does it matter if there are germs, you're about to wash your hands anyway. have they actually released their reasoning behind this, cos loasda people must ask! x

i know it bugs loads of people but the automatic "no touch" soap dispenser.. what does it matter if there are germs, you're about to wash your hands anyway. have they actually released their reasoning behind this, cos loasda people must ask! x

I do actually see the point behind this - recontamination. For e.g, if you're going to wash your hands that are covered in, say, raw chicken germs, and you touch the soap then turn the tap on and wash your hands, when you turn the tap off or the next time you touch the soap there will still be chicken germs on the soap and tap if that makes sense (unless you went and wiped them down after lol). I think it'd work best if there was a no touch tap along with the soap though.

Love these! Can't think of any at the moment though..!

oh i also think whats the point of setting an alarm for a certain time and then hitting the snooze button every 10 mins for the next hour!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr

i do the alarm clock one lol. I am a really heavy sleeper and it is REALLY hard for me to get up as soon as the alarm goes off. I snooze for a bit but in a lighter sleep and then get up as much as 45 min later.

The poke button on Facebook :shrug:

Yup that is completely pointless I agree! :haha:

The picture you get on food packets with 'serving suggestion' written under it when it's just a bowl of cereal or something.

And this :haha:

High settings on toasters than just incinerate bread.

And packets of nuts that have the warning "May contain nuts" on them.

Packets of nuts I am totally with you on. Along with anything else like soya milk 'contains soya' etc :dohh: And 'Warning - contents hot' on take-away coffee cups :haha: :dohh:

Toaster settings kind of, but some sorts of bread, crumpets, bagels and things need a higher setting or you'd need to put them in again :flow:

Yea it's dumb about cars - why??? it's not as if we all have, or would even appreciate, a private race track lol.

Snooze on alarms is annoying. DH gets up stupidly early so I appreciate he needs an alarm to get to work on time but why set it earlier then snooze it 3 or 4 times..... that's me awake then too :wacko:

I actually quite like the hardback book sleeves though, I use them to mark my place in the book :lol:

One thing I find annoyingly pointless is that when a mobile phone is running low on power, it tends to vibrate, light up and make a noise to tell you - thus further draining its power.

:lol:

i do the alarm clock one lol. I am a really heavy sleeper and it is REALLY hard for me to get up as soon as the alarm goes off. I snooze for a bit but in a lighter sleep and then get up as much as 45 min later.

:haha: My husband does it so not only is he awake, i most definitely am...... but because he decides actually he cant be bothered to get out of bed for his run or to walk the dog before work .....but rather then switch it off he hits snooze....... im definitely awake after the 2nd time it goes off..which annoys me...now he know longer does it tee hee.......before we got our place together, i lived with him at his parents for awhile and i would be sleeping (heavily pregnant and knackered) and his mums alarm clock would go off..........his sisters alarm clock would go off but the fuckers would just sleep through and not even turn them off or even press snooze...(for at least some peace).....once after listening to the damn things again for about half hour i got up walk in the bedrooms and turned them off!!........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :gun: :wacko::haha:

:haha:

DH forgets his alarm's still on snooze and goes in the shower :dohh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ annoying if my hubby did that the phone/alarm clock would be thrown in the shower with him:haha:

I have an annoying OH with snooze on repeat too. Grr!

My mum just had a new door installed and there are two panels of glass so you can see outside. But it still has a peephole to check who is outside your door. Bit pointless really considering they would see you looking, and you could see them!

My OH does this almost every morning and it drives me crazy! I could of had another half an hour of undisturbed sleep :dohh: and i'm usually the ones who hears it first :gun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->