Poll please: Isla or Sophia?

mummySS

Mum of 2!
Reaction score
Which name do you prefer? Sophia is more common which i am trying to avoid, but possibly prettier than isla. Our surname is pretty long and complicated so has to be a simple first name!

thanks x

Oh i should also say our son is called Leo, if that changes things at all!

Both are very pretty names. Sophia is supposedly very common, in Canada anyway, but I don't know of any personally so I love it. Isla means "island" in Spanish, which is the first thing I think of when I hear it, because I speak Spanish. It reminds me of white sand and tropical waters and palm trees and beautiful weather :) All in all, its a tough choice! I think in the end, Id probably go for Isla.. I personally just prefer less common, more interesting names. But its a close call for me. I like them both!

I have always loved the name Sophia, despite it becoming more common, It is one of the ones I'd consider anyways. So i picked Spophia. I too speak Spanish, and Isla is also like island for me, however we had a little one named Isla at my daycare and heard people calling her Eye-la and I'm not so sure I like the sound of it-though the name is beautiful :)

I vote for Isla just because Sophia is more common. :D

I choose Sophia - I have a Sofia myself so am a little bias :winkwink: but I do agree it has become a lot more popular, when I named my daughter 14 years ago it was not very popular at all. However Isla is a beautiful name too, either way I don't think you can go wrong :thumbup:

I voted Isla but I like Sophia just as much. They are both really nice names. What about Sophia Isla or Isla Sophia?

I love the name Sophia, my little girl that i lost at 22 weeks is Ava Sofia.
A lot of spellings to it also: Sophia, Sophie and my favorite Sofia/
Good Luck XOXO

Isla is beautiful. Sophia is nice too but a little more common (though neither are uncommon so I would go with which you think is prettier).

These were the 2 names I was stuck between - Sophia was becoming too popular so we went with Isla as I'm a Scot living in Australia and we also have a long surname.
Both lovely names

The only thing with Isla is I live near the Isle of wight and for some reason people round here do not say Isle but Isla'wighte lol

Thanks everyone! I see the poll is still neck in neck lol! I guess i can't go too wrong with either name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->