Polymorphic Eruption of Pregnancy (PEP)

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
anyone else had this? I'm worried about what it'll do to my stretch marks. I just started to develop it this week.

From what I've read about it, it seems pretty harmless- something that just sort of crops up and then goes away on its own. Some midwives or hp's may recommend tepid baths or a cream for the itching. I would just say resist the urge to itch as much as possible because I read that itching can worsen stretch marks.

I had this with my last pregnancy, try not to itch (harder said than done!) and you'll be fine

A few of my stretch marks did scar more than the rest but 2 years lasted they had faded to white and were almost invisible (back now tho with no2)

I was given piriton and aqueous cream with menthol, I found the cream very soothing and the piriton useless as it just made me feel crap.

Good news is that it does go away pretty much straight away after delivery, hang in there mama :)

I hope so it itches like something crazy!! I've been using Vaseline lotion with aloe same that I use with sunburn to help with the itch until my appt on Thursday

I hope so it itches like something crazy!! I've been using Vaseline lotion with aloe same that I use with sunburn to help with the itch until my appt on Thursday

Just keep moisturised and you'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->