Poop help/advice/experience

Lucasmum

Reaction score
Edith is nearly 4 weeks a and is breast fed with this we have no issues :flower:

From the start she was a good pooper we would go several times a day no issues :happydance:

She did and still does suffer with getting wind up so about 10 days ago I started infacol didn't really do a lot but did no harm either, so carried on not every feed but some.

On Sunday evening she had an explosive poop, didn't think anything of it babies do this :haha:

Gave infacol Monday and she didn't poop all day not for want of trying, lots of squeezing and straining and looking uncomfortable this continued until yesterday evening, she pooped my god did she poop it was coming and coming she certainly emptied herself out :wacko:

I thought she would sleep well, prior to Sunday she was going approximately 4 hours through the night which changed on Sunday to 1.5-2 hours and this has been the every night since :wacko:

Today she has feeding on and off but well, still straining I thought she would be better after emptying out last night, she is generally well in herself alert and awake as she has been, still have plenty of wet nappies.

Just wondered if anyone has been through anything like it any advice anything really :flower:

Baxter started off going several times a day bur now only goes once every three days or so and it is very very explosive when he does. As far as im aware its totally normal and i doubt it has anything to do with infacol :flower:

Thanks for the reply, I have no idea what I'm doing (even though I managed it once before) the hospital didn't give me an instruction manual :haha:

Reassuring to know it can be normal, I vaguely remember my son having issues at this age I remember the doctor sticking her finger in his bum and telling me he is fine :wacko:

I guess we will see what the weekend brings :flower:

My daughter's similar. She started off having several loops a day, then one a day and now it's every couple of days and can be explosive bleugh

All three of mine have gone from 10+ times a day to once every 7-8 days! Very normal for a breastfed baby to go days without pooing.

I would be horrified if someone stuck their finger up my babies bottom 😱.

The fussiness is probably a coincidence and babies change so much in the first few months.

Poop patterns change, my LO used to not poop for 3-4 days at a time, now he poops at least twice a day, sometimes more! :dohh: As long as it is looking healthy and not pellet-y then you're good. Try tummy massage to make her more regular?

Glad that it's normal :haha:

We had a huge poop sat morning and nothing since, she is fine in herself for the most, she does get a bit grumbly occasionally, just wish she would sleep better at night :wacko:

The night nursing really made DS windy. Just will have to get better with time

I'm learning to accept she may just be a 5ish day pooper :haha:

We had a clear out yesterday :wacko: it entertained my 10 year old son :dohh:

Health visitor saw her weds was pleased with her weight gain and not concerned, so long as Edith is happy i'm happy :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->