Poop Not "Seedy"

Jo1984

Proud Mam to Thomas
Reaction score
Should I worry if my LO's poop isn't "seedy"??
Does it mean she's not feeding properly? Or missing something that she needs??

It's been an orangey/yellow colour now. & she doen't poop every day, she only goes every 2/3 days but she'll have 2/3 poops in the day.

Thanks x

I noticed the 'seeds' started disappering with my LO between 4-6 weeks. I think the 'seeds' are bits of undigested fat from the milk. So, no seeds, and less frequent bowel movements just means your LO's body is using everything it's digesting. :flower:

Yellow/orange is a good color poop. At 4 weeks my LO only went once a week. Now she only goes once every 2 weeks. Breastfed babies don't need to poop every day or even every week. It's funny how I've talked more about poop since having LO than I have in my entire life up until her birth lol.

Thanks people :)
I am just worrying that I'm doing something wrong/
Also think I may have an oversupply of milk due to LO's wind & choking sometimes when I let down. I worry that the lack of "seeds" means that she's not getting the hindmilk that she needs as she's so full of wind from foremilk coming down so quickly :( ... no one said it's be this hard x

I thought it would be this complicated either! If you had too much foremilk I think it would probably be green and watery. I used to have the same problem of having a rapid let down and Phoebe was always choking and unlatching making my milk squirt all over. Feeding time was very messy! She has gotten used the rapid flow over time and now doesn't have those problems anymore. Have you tried having her suck a little bit so that you have the let down, then taking her off for a bit and letting the rapid flow go into a burp cloth for 30 seconds or so until it slows down, then popping her back on? I used to have to do that and it seemed to help. Good luck!

some babies never have the seedy bits, all they are is undigested fats from the milk xx

Yellow/orange is a good color poop. At 4 weeks my LO only went once a week. Now she only goes once every 2 weeks. Breastfed babies don't need to poop every day or even every week.

I think i need to be having words with Zac tomorrow... he still manages to go at least a couple of times a day, normally within 5 minutes of me just changing him!! :haha:

i was just about to ask the same question..my two mos old's poo recently has turned creamy...with no seedy bits ..and its usually a massive poo lol

I thought it would be this complicated either! If you had too much foremilk I think it would probably be green and watery. I used to have the same problem of having a rapid let down and Phoebe was always choking and unlatching making my milk squirt all over. Feeding time was very messy! She has gotten used the rapid flow over time and now doesn't have those problems anymore. Have you tried having her suck a little bit so that you have the let down, then taking her off for a bit and letting the rapid flow go into a burp cloth for 30 seconds or so until it slows down, then popping her back on? I used to have to do that and it seemed to help. Good luck!

Thanks 4 advice :) if she pulls off i've been letting it squirt into my breast pad!!! It doesnt seem to be happening as often so i'm hoping she'll get used to it in time. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->