Poop Question

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Alright, question for you ladies...

Just a few minutes ago, I changed Valerie's diaper. It was the normal mustardy yellow color that comes along with breastfeeding and was of good consistency (not too runny at all). But as I pulled the diaper up off of her I noticed that there was a little (pretty tiny) bit of red mixed in with her stool. I assume this is a bit of blood, so should I be concerned? I took her temperature and it is a perfect 98.5 degrees, she is feeding well as always, and a very happy baby. I had talked to the doctor about this problem 2 months ago and she told me to keep an eye out for it if it would increase or turn dark red; almost black or tarrish. It never did, so I let it go. Today was the first time I noticed the little bit of redness since then. Could it be a tear or something from straining the poop out? Or could it be something more serious? The doctor said I should call if there is "obvious" blood...this wasn't obvious, it just caught my eye. Let me know what you ladies think.

Oh yeah, she is a breastfed baby and I've heard that sometimes babies will have a little blood in their stools from an allergy to something. Is this true?

I'm not sure, never noticed this with Hannah, but I'd probably call the doctor in the morning and just mention it to them (of course this is my first and I'm just a bit overprotective :lol:)

Me too...haha and my husband hates how overprotective I am, but I can't help it. He keeps telling me it's nothing to worry about...blah blah blah

Hun get intouch with your HV or gp...that is what they always advise if blood is seen in their poo...It could be that your LO was straining to poo however if thstools are not hard it might not be the case...Goodluck hun...Hope LO is ok xx

I have held off on calling the doctor because today's poops so far have been good in color and no sign of any pink/red in them. I think back to what I saw in yesterday's diaper and I think I may have overreacted. There was a tiny amount of pink/red in it, but if I hadn't been honestly inspecting her poop than no one would have even noticed it. In the words of my husband, "I need to calm down and relax." It's so hard though, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->