Poorly Baby

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
My Lo has had a bad cold and cough now for over a week. He is hardly eating at all and if he does most of this comes back up. His eyes are red his nose is streaming and sometimes he coughs so much he goes bright red and is sick. The doctor only prescribed saline drops for his nose last tuesday which we are using every three hours but he seems to have got much worse. He does not have a temperature but he wasnt this ill when he had an ear infection. He cant sleep at night as he wakes himself up coughing and he is so tired in the day cause he cannot get a full nights rest. He has been crying a lot this week too which is so unlike him. I think I will take him back to the doctors tomorrow as to me his cough sounds really chesty and his breathing is husky (if that makes sense). Im just really worried about him

It could be a start of bronchitis , it sounds just like my son a week ago , hardly eating anythin , bringing back up what he did eat ..coughing so much it hurt him ..nose stuffed or leaking and sleeping loads ..

I too got noting but saline drops from the hospital but they did mention to give some herbal cough syrups for babies (if you can find some) it did help loosen the mucus in his chest ..a nice steam bath helped mine too ..hope your baby feels better soon

oh sweetie no wonder your so worried about him :hugs: i would definately take him back to doctors, always have you tried propping him up when he sleeps to help his sleep, i put a little wedge under maddi's matress when she was like that, hope he feels better soon :hugs: x

Hope he feels better soon! :hugs:

Have you tried the vicks plug ins. They do help.

Hi we got some cough medicine from boots but it does not seem to do much for him. Its horrible seeing someone so little coughing so much. We propped him up last night but he woke up at 12 really crying and coughing and i thought he may want a little bit of milk as he had not eaten since 5 in the afternoon but offering him food just upset him even more.

I hope your LO is feeling a bit better now. I think i will take toby back to doctors tomorrow just to get him checked over again. Is there nothing they can prescribe for bronchitis xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->