popping in here for hope and encouragement.

overcomer79

LT-TTC success 3.5yrs
Reaction score
Hi all. I am here expecting number 3 and really want to breastfeed more than past 6 weeks (when I go back to work). How do you get over the anxiety of feeding in public? I got so depressed with dd while breastefeeding because I felt like I was always in isolation with a pump or her on the boob. I'd like not to have to rush to pump before leaving the house. One night with dd, I left my meal and went out in the car and fed her. I grew up very modest so it doesn't help.

First of all, remember that you are doing what is best for your baby and you should not let the opinion of others interfere with that! Second, start small. Like feeding in the car and then find a store with a room for mothers (babies r us has those) and feed in there. Or our mall has a lounge in the one bathroom and I fed in there. After. A few times, it will become easier. I'm still not totally comfortable but I try to keep us covered up and it has worked for us. Honestly nobody has bothered us. We've had people look and smile but no comments r anything. Good luck!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->