Popping over from first tri... did you see a heartbeat at 6wks?

L

LilMiss_91

I was referred to epau on Tuesday because of some spotting and cramping I've had for a while. They did a scan and pegged me about 5wks (fits in with when I think I O'd, but not with my last AF) so there was no hb which I understand is perfectly normal. I have to go back in in a weeks time when I should be 6wks. If you had a scan around then, did you see a hb? Or is it still ok if there's no hb at 6wks? Just want to be prepared for all possibilities! Thankyou :)

i went in at 5 weeks and no heartbeat....went back at six weeks and seen a heartbeat.....but later got moved a week ahead so it was actually 7 weeks when i seen a heartbeat :)

and i am now 19 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl :)

I had a scan at 5 weeks no heartbeat and like you got told this was normal and then went for a scan at 6 weeks and we saw a heartbeat.

Hope all goes well for you :)

I'm still in first tri as well, however I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 5 days. The OB told me beforehand not to worry if we couldn't because it could still be too early. I guess it depends, but there's nothing to worry about if you can't see it yet. :thumbup:

Sometimes the baby can be too hiding somewhere the microphone can't pick up the HB.... Totally normal though!

At 12 weeks we barely heard the heartbeat on the Doppler but everything is normal and healthy, don't stress if you don't hear it the first time.

I did not see a heartbeat at 6 weeks and I know that I wasn't behind. Fetal pole measured at 6 weeks exactly, two weeks later when I was 8 weeks I had a perfect 8 week measurement and we saw the heartbeat. Yesterday when I was 13 + 2 Baby was measuring at 14 weeks on the dot.

Didn't see heartbeat until 7 weeks. Almost 19 weeks with baby boy :)

Saw and heard heart at 6w3d with my first baby... Didn't get a dating ultrasound until 8w1d with this one, but I got to see/hear a heartbeat then... Every baby is different, especially as early as 6 weeks. Good luck!

I was 5+2 with no heartbeat went back at 5+6 and baby had a heartbeat!!

We saw a hb at 6 weeks with my first pregnancy, but it was very tiny and too quiet to hear. Ended up being a healthy pregnancy!

At 5 w 5 days no heartbeat, but at 6 weeks 3 days, a heartbeat. This was for my son. I didn't get an ultrasound this time until 7 w 5 days. She had a strong hb

I had an early scan at exactly 6 weeks for bleeding and they saw a heartbeat.

Good luck :)

Hi lilmiss - with this baby I had a scan at 5+4 according to ovulation (I was 7weeks by lmp) and I only saw a gestational sac measuring 4 to 5 weeks. I went back at 8+1 and baby was spot on. She's measured spot on ever since.
With my mmc I saw a hb of 120 at 5+6.
I'll be thinking about you and I hope all goes well at the scan.

We saw a heartbeat at 6+4, and based on the heart rate, the doctor said that it likely started beating on 6+1 or 6+2. (He's a perinatologist, so he does a ton of these early scans.) It continued to speed up exactly as is should have week by week, so I'm inclined to believe him. My RE said that a heart beat needs to show up by 7+0 for a pregnancy to be considered viable.

Thankyou all for replying! Its been so reassuring to read your experiences. I've not been online for a while so haven't been able to reply.
But I had my scan yesterday, everything is measuring 7wks now (so I'm confused!!) and bean has a lovely little heartbeat. One thing bothering me now though is the fact the Dr doing the scan said she could see a small (less than a cm in size) bleed in my womb. Not in the sac with the baby but off to the side. Anyone have any experience of this? She didn't seem overly concerned but I'm not sure what this could be or if it means something bad :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->