Portion sizes 8 month old

Lillypots

Reaction score
Hi
I have an 8 month old, shes small only 14lb. The last few days she is taking a lot less milk than she used to, and Im wondering if maybe im overfeeding her. I know babies are all different etc, but does anyone know the "average" size of portions for breakfast dinner and tea?
She has ready brek for breakfast, fruit and porridge for dinner and meat/fish and veggies for tea, with a pudding of yoghurt/rice pudding/custard. I don't give her snacks because shes really not a hungry baby, she doesn't want them.
Any ideas in the way of spoonfulls/grams/ounces of how much each meal should be?
Thanks

At that age, I'd still be offering milk before food. If she is happy to then eat the food you feed her after milk, then offer her as much as she wants. She'll know when she's full. It's typical for many babies to start to decrease the amount of milk they have around 8-9 months. I know my daughter started at 8 months and then dropped a bottle completely at 9 months. We also did BLW so she wasn't even eating all that much as it was all finger foods from the start. As long as you continue to offer milk when she wants it, I'd just go with what she wants to do and not worry about the amounts. If she has taken well to her food, go with it. I'd just make sure to offer her water at meals as well in case she's thirsty if she is decreasing her milk intake.

This guide is very good, explains the portions of solids they should eat at all different ages up to 2 years old. https://www.unicef.org/nutrition/files/Brochure_feeding_after_6_m.PDF

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->