Poshie and Pip's Birth Story....

Poshie

Mummy to Boy & Girl
Reaction score
I thought I'd take advantage whilst baby sleeps to write his birth story. Bear with me, it does go on a bit....

Wednesday 28 July - DDay. Felt fine. Went into town with DH at lunchtime. Then after lunch I just started to feel crappy. Couldn't put my finger on the reason, just off. Anyway, didn't think much of it.

Went to bed around 11pm that nght but couldn't seem to get off to sleep. Don't know why. Anyway I started getting period pains around 2am and these got progressively worse as time went on. I also went to the loo about 10 times. Meantime DH was pretty much none the wiser and I didn't say anything to him. Come the early hours of the morning I was having mild contractions. DH knew about it at this point! I kept having to get out of bed and go down on all fours to relieve the pain. Time then becomes a bit of a blur.....I just spent the entire day having contractions basically. Sat in my living room, with tv on. The bits in between contractions were heavenly, but you knew the pain wasn't far away. Tried the tens but that wasn't on long as it started to annoy me lol.

This continued on until I decided to ring the hospital about 1pm. They said I seemed to be handling it well and try not to come in for a while. So I sat it out til about 3.30pm, by which point the pain was severe.

Staggered into the hospital had a contraction at the desk, but at least she knew where I needed to go lol. Off we went to the birthing centre and straight into the room I hoped I'd get.....with the big birthing pool. Stripped off, and this was the first I saw of my bloody show. Got examined and was so pleased to hear I was 5cms already! Part of me was worried that I'd get to the hospital and be told I was 1cm or something.

Anyway, off I got into the pool which was lovely. Very relaxing and provided some comfort. Tried the gas and air for just one minute but apparently I shoved it away. After about 4 hours in the pool, the shift swapped and I had a lovely midwife called Gail. I decided a change of scene might be good so I got out the pool and onto the chaise longue (as I like to call it). Waters went I think at this point (so quite late). My sister turned up at thsi point and it was great to see her. This is when it got really intense.....

I have been told by everybody there that I was zoned out and completely relaxed and in control. Very surrreal and strange experience. I hadn't practiced hypno birthing or anything, but it seems I got into the zone. Kept pushing and pushing but was starting to struggle to pop his head through. They could see his hair. From start to finish, baby's heartbeat was rock steady, no distress at all. I had been pushing for over 2 hours at this point and they decided to take me to labour ward as the doctor may need to help me out with the last bit....

Now off I went and the doc came in but the midwives were still reluctant to let him do an assisted. I was soooo close to doing it on my own. I was sooo close to having a canula put in you wouldn't believe! Anyway, with every last ounce of strength I had in me, I somehow managed to pop his head (ouchie ring of fire!!!!) midwife told me to do big push, then pant, then another big push and that's what I did. So at 11.31pm, we got got our baby and he was put straight on my chest. I just remember saying "I did it, I did it!".....completely and utterly exhausted. We all cried and DH kissed the midwife! Agpar score 9.

Had the injection for the placenta (which hurt lol) and out it came, complete. Bit of a mess down below so a registrar came into fix me up. 2nd degree tear (inc perineum), grazes and labial tear. I was on an oxytocin/endorphin high though so I didn't care!

Spent the night in a private room with ensuite and my sister, whilst DH went back to ours to tell his mum etc. Not that any of us actually slept of course. I managed to bf Kane that night which was lovely. All the usual checks took place that night/morning and I wanted to go home. Finally got home about 2.30pm (29 July),

Some things were a blur because I was in another world but it was a fantastic experience and DH was ecstatic - honestly the photos my sister took of him holding baby after he was born, look like he's on drugs, he was so high!

It really was an amazing time and I am so proud that I managed to get through it all with no pain relief and no intervention. My baby son is gorgeous and we are both in love with him :cloud9:

We have had visitors for a few days, but yesterday and today has been just the three of us and we are bonding very well. It's lovely to see Daddy changing nappies and just looking at his baby. Such an amazing experience, we are so very lucky.

Thank you all so much for your support over the past couple of years. There were times I thought this day may never come x

KANE ALEXANDER born 28.7.10 :cloud9:

Attachments

• 2010 07 29_0522_01.jpg
    2010 07 29_0522_01.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 2010 07 29_0593.jpg
    2010 07 29_0593.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 2010 07 29_0594_01.jpg
    2010 07 29_0594_01.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 67
Beautiful! Huge congratuations once again and an even bigger pat on the back for you! Sounds like you had a wonderful labour and an even better first week as a Mummy!

Lots of love honey!
x x x

well done and a big congratulations

enjoy every moment

massive massive well done sweetheart - i am soo happy to see you with your little one xxx

Oh isnt he beautiful....well done and congratulations again. You did an amazing job! xxx

Poshie, I didn't know you had had him!!!!!!!!!! :yipee:

I am so, so, so happy for you sweetheart!!!! He is just so gorgeous :cloud9:

Off to read the story now, I was so desperate to congratulate you I didn't do that part :blush:

xxx

I had tears in my eyes reading this wonderful Birth Story. Well done Poshie! x x

Fab story poshie. You did such a great job and I am chuffed you got the labour you wanted. Congrats again honey, he is gorgeous xxx

Well done Poshie. What a wonderful story! And Kane is just beautiful.

:hugs:

Congratulations Poshie. It's so nice to read of someone's birth story knowing I knew of you before he was even conceived, it seems all the more special. No wonder you're so in love with him, he's gorgeous. Lucky thing :)

congrats on the birth of your little boy! he's just gorgeous! You did a great job during your labour - well done!

Aaaww, huge congratulations hun. I hope I'm as brave as you if my LO ever decides to come out!! x

congratulations hun, Kane is beautiful you have every reason to be so proud xx

Truly inspirational poshie, well done you :D

Many Congratulations again, kane is absolutely gorgeous x

:cry: Ohhh poshie its so wonderful......

Congratulations on your beautiful boy!! xxx

Massive congrats again honey, he is just too cute im so pleased for you and OH.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->