Position?

C

claudinator

I'm one week in on the breast feeding my little guy was an natural even though I had flat nipples and the midwife told me not to bother as he wouldn't take. But my little guy loves it.
There were a few issues after birth (his actual birth beautiful, what happened after was traumatic)
The result in me being really uncomfortable when I sit down my stiches are tight and I can't sit properly. When I nurse lying down no problem he latches on great stays on boob he nods off asleep no prob my little guys an natural however when I nurse sitting up it takes me ages to find a position that doesn't hurt then when I do get him on boob he doesn't stay for long he fusses and kicks, my DH said I look uncomfortable breast feeding sitting up and I genuinely am I'm hunched over as if I sit up straight I'm in agony with either my bum or stiches. Do you think that's why he won't latch for me because he's uncomfortable or because he can feel my discomfort?

Sorry for the essay I just want to make my little guy happy.

Heyyy! You had your little boy! Congrats claudinator!

I doubt I can really help with your question but if lying down is more comfortable why not continue to nurse that way until your stitches heal? Have you tried a breastfeeding pillow to help too?

Best of luck! And congrats again :)

Yes he can probably sense your discomfort, relaxed mummy = relaxed baby!!

If laying down works just stick with that for now. I know its not practical out the house, but guessing you wont be out and about much until you heal a bit anyway xx

Could you pick up a tailbone pillow to sit on it might take the pressure off your stitches area. Or use a couple of pillows to sit on. Your LO and you are both used to the laying down position so it will just take some practice for both of you to get comfortable. You could also try feeding in a sling or a wrap and then you could stand up and feed your Lo and or walk around as well.

The football hold is good, just grabs loads of pillows and cushions to help.

As my wee one is a long fatty (19lbs) I've gone back to nursing him lying down as it saves his back and mine.

I nursed lying down at the start as I seemed to have an extra freaking arm and could never get comfy.

I rarely nurse him in the cradle position, even now.

It's your body, your back and your baby. :) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->