Positive Birth Story: Emergency C-Section + Brazilian Butt Lift + Tummy Tuck + Lipo..

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
:haha: ha ha I wish!!!

I totally did ask but unfortunately my Dr on specializes in the first lol...

Well since little miss diva is sleeping I thought I would try and take this time to write out my birth story. Nothing like I expected it to be but wouldnt change it for anything.

I started having a constant bad gas pain Friday night while out shopping with hubby, it just never went away, and then on top of that I was having random contractions. I joked with hubby once we got home that "you know I could be in early labor right now..." but really didnt think I was. We went to bed and the gas pain was still there as well as the contractions but nothing so regular that I could time them really. Woke up to pretty much the same thing as well as a lot of plug loss. Also had a lower backache start that never went away. We got ready and went to the dump, stopped by the library and then were about to go to the movies when all of a sudden I started to get serious contractions and I realized they were coming not even 5 minutes apart from the get go and lasting about a minute each or more. So we decided to skip the movie and go home just incase. Came home and timed them while hubby took shower and got the rest of our stuff ready and they were 3-4 minutes apart and getting stronger and definitely were the real thing. Called the Dr and he was supposed to call us back. I told hubby that once they heard I was late, it was my first baby and the contractions just started straight off less than 5 mins they would tell me to go in anyway so we headed to the hospital. Sure enough they called back and I told them and they told me to go in and get checked.

Came into triage, was around 4pm and was checked and was 4 cm and BP was a little high and contractions were the same and being picked up on the monitor. Its like I went into labor out of nowhere! We got moved to a room, called all our family and my mom and she said she would be on her way (took her about 3 hours to get here). Got settled in our room, had bloods taken, my blood pressure was kind of high at 130s/90s and even 140s/90s. Dr. Tatum, the Dr on call, came and checked me about 6pm and was still only 4cm so the contractions I was having werent really doing anything even though they were strong. He told me that since I was overdue and it was my first he wasnt comfy with me having a water birth like I had planned so that went out the window but we really just wanted her to be ok so it wasnt a big deal. He broke my water (icky icky icky feeling but was clear which was a good sign) and started me on pitocin to make my contractions even stronger, and put in two internal electrodes, one to track her since she was wiggling around and getting lost to often and another to better monitor my contractions internally.

I immediately started to feel the new drug induced contractions, they were crazy strong and about 2-3 mins apart and 1-2 mins long and I tried to deal with them as best I could but I figured since I wasnt getting my "natural" water birth by any means I might as well be not miserable so I got an epidural and I am soo glad I asked for it when I did. About 30 mins or so the epidural which was brutal to sit through while having those back to back contractions, my mom finally got here and then all these people came in and turned off my pitocin and put me on oxygen and gave me an ephedrine shot. He said she wasnt dealing well with the new crazy contractions and the epidural had made my BP drop down to 90/53 so they left me like that for a bit, she went back to normal and so did I. So then they started the pitocin back up again not even 20 mins later he was back and same thing and he told me that he didnt feel comfortable with how she was acting so he wanted to do a C-Section and get her out because clearly she was stressing out and not happy. So luckily I had had the epi already and they took me right back to the operating room and just cranked the epi up and brought Tim back there about 15 mins later and went to it. I was shaking like crazy with the shivers caused by the epi and was shaking so bad that they had to hold my arms down for the BP cuff to get a reading.

Brieanan was born at 10:24pm weighing 8.5lbs and 22 inches long!! (definitely not taking after me in that aspect) with a big knot in her cord!!, the reason for her heartrate going crazy each contraction. She started crying and pinking up right away, they took her to the side where her daddy got to see her and take pictures and hold her while they fixed me up. I think I have somewhere around 20+ staples or so to close me up but I haven’t even seen them yet. I felt soo tired and sore from the shivering and it lasted quite a while. They wheeled me back into the room and it took me about 2 hours or so to stop shivering long enough to feed her and all, so they took her and bathed her and cleaned her up and did her assessment and all while I was recovering. It felt soooo weird being numb from the waist down, and that took about 4-6 hours to wear off enough for me to get up and walk and everything.

I feel amazing compared to what I thought it would be like seeing a C-section is something I had hoped to never have but I would do it again in a minute. She is feeding great every 3 to 3 & half hours and is just soo perfect. She hardly ever cries and I cant get over that shes mine and I get to take her home with me. I’ll be in the hospital until Tuesday which is our estimated checkout date as long as everything keeps going well. Im at the hospital by myself tonight as hubby was feeling bad and could not sleep at all on the fold out couch so my mom went to our house last night and slept (she came in from NC about 3 hours away) and hubby stayed with me but got no sleep so my mom came here today and he left and went home for the day/night and will come back in the morning...

I walked for the first time since the epi earlier today and peed..which freaking took forever coz I had no control over making it come out..just had to wait for it to dribble out...but it was very weird feeling walking after not being able to feel my legs all night...I threw up twice after going potty from being up so fast and from the drugs and stuff but it was just liquid thank god and wasnt as painful as I thought it would be...had a pretty good say so far..they say tomorrow will be my worst day pain wise..

I just took a shower and had my bandages off and its itchy and Im soo nervous to move and stuff lol lol..but had to be done...she fed and fed for about an hour straight right after a previous feeding before they came to take her and take my bandages off and let me shower..I think she was more of just on the boob to be on the boob really...so since Im alone tonight they will keep her in the nursery until shes ready to eat again and then will bring her back in here...

still cant believe Im a mom but its amazing...:happydance::cry:

** I asked the Dr when he thought she had knotted her cord and he said it must have been around 12-13 weeks when she first started flipping and all and was tiny enough to make the loop and go through it...we are soo lucky that she was ok the whole time and that we didnt go through with the waterbirth or even a vaginal birth because it was getting tighter every contraction and cutting off her supply **

Attachments

• brieanan birthday.jpg
    brieanan birthday.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 39
  • brieanan pink.jpg
    brieanan pink.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 35
Congrats, pleased you had her at last :) it's so lovely being a mummy!

Congrats, Erica - she looks like you! Glad she got out safely.

It is soo creepy how much she looks like me lol..I see it more in pics and video..and she is soo long its crazy since neither hubby nor I are really that tall..

I had to ask for formula to supplement today..she has been on my boob..even giving me blood blister on one nipple pretty much since 9pm last night and has just been cranky cranky..she ate from my right and still was cranky so I asked for some enfamil..she ate about an oz and has been asleep and content since then..poor thing was just hungry hungry and colostrum just wasnt cutting it...I used tommee tippee bottles and she doesnt seem to have a problem going back from my nipple and that so I think they were a good choice and will work for us..Im glad I thought to bring a few to the hospital just incase because we definitely needed them... passed her hearing test and everything else looks great..they said she was mildly mildly jaundiced..not even enough for them to be concerned but I put her by the open window to sleep a bit today anyway...also had pictures taken of her and will post the link as soon as we get it tomorrow for the online nursery..well going to go get some more rest while shes still out of it...

Attachments

• Brieanan long.jpg
    Brieanan long.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 10
Congratulations! Your little girl is absolutely beautiful!

and I definitely :haha::haha:'d at your title: I was planning on telling my OB next week, if it comes down to it and I need a c-section (I really REALLY hope I wont need one, as the thought scares the bejesus outta me) he'll have to do some lipo and a tummy tuck while hes at it.... it seems like a fair trade, eh? :haha:

Congrats again and hope youre recovering well and enjoying your first few days as a new family!

:hugs:

Congrats! she is gorgeous. So glad they were on the ball and got her out fast, I have never heard of a knotted cord before xx

Congratulations!! She looks lovely and so adorable all snuggled up! Please give her a kiss from me.

Thanks again ladies..we are finally home!! Its soo weird being home...feels like I was just home yesterday waiting for her to get here..bout to go feed her..will update more tomorrow after hopefully some rest and more drugs lol lol..love that percoset lol..

congratulations, always nice to read a positive emercs story x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->