Positive consultant meeting today:)

disneyleanne

Reaction score
Well I went armed with info as I was expecting a battle with the consultant over our home birth decision but I was pleasantly surprised.:thumbup: As I have had 2 emcs previously he did assume that we would be booking an elective cs but I told him we had decided we would like a home water birth. He was a little taken back at first and did advise us of the risks of uterine rupture but I had my own stats to throw back at him. He also offered me the use of the birth pool in the MLU but I declined. My own midwife, who is 100% supportive of our decision, came with us and she was a star.:thumbup:
The consultant listened to everything we had to say and then said he was ok with it, happy for me to have midwife led care from now on and would just like to scan me at 36 weeks to check all is well.

I came out of the appointment feeling like superwoman, like I could achieve anything!!:happydance:
I knew we wouldn't change our minds, regardless of what the consultant said, but it was refreshing to have him listen to us completely and understand our point of view.

So it's all systems go now!!:happydance::happydance:

Yay! Congrats! I see you're in Essex - where abouts? I'm in Chelmsford. xx

I'm in Basildon. Only been here a year or so, we were in Romford.:thumbup:

Fantastic!!! I love reading about women being respected in their informed choices!! Good on the consultant and go you. You ARE superwoman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->