positive fetal fibronectin test

Dani2124

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else has had the fetal fibronectin test and wat ur experience was.I am 29 weeks and went into hospital 2 get some pain and reduced movements checked out.while I was on the monitor they noticed some regular tightenings and decided 2 do the fetal fibronectin test which came back positive.I was given steroids 4 the babies lungs incase she came early and monitored over the next 3 days.while I was in hospital my tightenings stopped and they sent me home and told me what to look out for,it is now 5 days since I had the test and nothing more has happened,wat I was wondering was if anyone else had a similar experience to me and did they go into prem labour? and if so how long after having a positive result.

No experience here, as my FFN came back negative, but just wanted to say that I hope your little one stays tight for quite a bit longer! :hugs:

Mine came back negative thankfully, but from what I was told a positive really doesn't indicate much of anything other than a slight increased risk of premature labor. I was told 1% chance of going into labor within the next two weeks if negative, 15% chance if positive and contracting. So still an 85% chance of NOT going into labor within the next 2 weeks based on the test/contractions alone. Granted, there are plenty of other indicators such as dilation, cervical length, membranes in tact or not ect. that can factor in and change the odds dramatically. But the test alone doesn't tell much when positive. Don't stress about it, the odds are still in your favor :)

Thank you,that has really helped put my mind at ease x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->