• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Positive ffn

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
I posted about a week and a half ago celebrating my ffn coming back negative. Tuesday evening it came back positive along with cervix dropping over a cm in a week. I'm only 26 weeks and it is so scary the thought of a pre 30 weeker.

My history, this is 4th pregnancy using this test, my genetic condition leads to pprom and this is the most accurate predictor of pprom for me. First time, tested at 33 weeks, positive with labour signs, inpatient and c section 3 days later due to progression (this one was previa), second, positive at 31 weeks, pprom at 32 weeks, then induced at 32+3 due to lung maturity test indicating ready. 3rd, positive test at 29 weeks, pprom at 30+4, delivery a week later. In the 2 prior to this pregnancy I had several negatives and no pprom.

Sorry you're going through such a stressful time- and after already having 3 preterm babies. With my son (who is now a healthy, energetic 20 month old) my cervix was 3mm at 26w 3days and water broke at 27 weeks. He was born at 29w 3d. While it was a tough 3 months he spent in the NICU, he is totally fine now. You'd never know that he used to only be 3 1/2lbs. For weight and height, he's in the 80th percentile and hitting all the developmental milestones in time. Good luck!! I hope your little one stays in and cooks as long as possible.

My first 2 were technically preterm, 35 weekers but pretty much normal birthweights so I don't count them in a way.

Your story reassures me so much:hugs: 3 months in NICU is such a long time though, last time was a month and it seemed an eternity. How did you get through it?:hugs: Your son is only a couple months older than mine! Fun age! My 32 weeker was a little one too, 3lb 10oz and now almost 4 and huge:haha:

Congratulations on #2 as well!!! I hope this pregnancy goes as uncomplicated as possible :)

sorry to hear what you are going through.
My son was 29 weeks 5. he weighed 2lb 5. 8 weeks in hospital and he is fine, a little smaller than others but he has no lasting effects. I also got to know quite a few neonatal babies and i know lots of 26 weekers who did fine, 8-10 weeks inside and now they are fine. Its a tough road, as you probably already know, but they are all little fighters

My first 2 were technically preterm, 35 weekers but pretty much normal birthweights so I don't count them in a way.

Your story reassures me so much:hugs: 3 months in NICU is such a long time though, last time was a month and it seemed an eternity. How did you get through it?:hugs: Your son is only a couple months older than mine! Fun age! My 32 weeker was a little one too, 3lb 10oz and now almost 4 and huge:haha:

Congratulations on #2 as well!!! I hope this pregnancy goes as uncomplicated as possible :)

3 months was an eternity...and 3 potential discharge dates came and went (he had to have 5 days without his heart or lungs stopping) and as we'd approach that 5th day, something just seemed to go wrong. It was the most heartbreaking 3 months and for how we got through it...just something we had to do day by day and even hour by hour. we couldn't walk away and fortunately we didn't have any other kids at home, so I could spend each day there with my son and then my husband and I would come every evening after he got off work.

Thanks for the good wishes. So far this pregnancy has been blissfully boring compared to the last. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

How are you doing? Little one still staying inside?

As of today little girl is still cooking 27 weeks tomorrow!!:happydance:

Thankyou for all the advice, I'm aiming for 28, any week after that is going to be a bonus! Meeting my husbands bosses wife later to talk, she has a 28 weeker.

Myra, I know its not the same but we did have a couple times where the timer set back, brady spells etc. They started him on omeprazole after I insisted several times lol and we got out not long after:thumbup:

My kids do have development delay. Some due to our genetic condition, but my youngest has cerebral palsy linked to his preterm birth. He has in home therapy 5x a week!!! This makes me really worried for even earlier!! Although this is a little lady so likely have an easier course.

As of Monday, cervix was holding stable, smallish but stable, she's fully engaged head down and 'unofficially' 1lb 10oz, growth scan from the 24 weeks wasn't meant to be until 28 lol.

On Monday, I also got a massive rant for not doing my bedrest strict enough, apparently even going out in my wheelchair is not good enough:nope:

Then this awful nurse who gave me a huge lecture (right after perinatology where they know about my Ehlers-Danlos type 1 that gives pprom, already 5 preemies!! and were getting me ready for which hospital, the plan and telling me things are imminent) she says 'well I ate an eggplant at 26 weeks pregnant, that's a true old wives tale that will put you into labour but my son came at 41 weeks'

Yep compared a known, genetic testing confirmed condition that WILL give me pprom anyday to eating an eggplant:wacko::wacko::coffee:

I had to call my OB later to book my followup as they were busy at the office end of last week so I asked the nurse to pass on the message " how much eggplant is to be avoided to stop the pprom, does it have to be cooked a certain way and how ripe? " :rofl: She called back later and asked who said it and we were both pissing with laughter :rofl:

I put a link to my condition, I have confirmed type 1, page 4 has the summary

https://ednf.org/sites/default/files/Jaekle_EDS_and_pregnancy.pdf

My water broke completely the day after I wrote this, bang on 27 weeks. First night stable, this evening started with contractions and dilated to a stretchy 2cm and now on mag sulfate. We're celebrating Christmas here in hospital tomorrow if shes not here. Thanks everyone:hugs:

Keeping you and daughter in my thoughts. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible!! And feel free to write here or pm me about NICU experiences if I can be of help or give support. I know you've been through NICU before but If I can help out on anyway or give advice re an earlier baby, let me know. :hugs:

Thankyou myra:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Nicu is so different at 30+ weeks!! My OB and perinatology wont agree on my due date, peri says 22nd march, OB 20th, I know 2 days can be nothing but it don't want to go 'back' to 27 weeks today when 27+2 is closer to 28!!!

The mag sulphate is calming the contractions some but because I don't have pre E right now and my waters have gone its only 24 hours for neuroprotection

Wrapping gifts with the help of my nurse and the other kids are coming :) The nurse have me a super cute little Christmas hat ready for her birth, they are being so kind

They did a bedside scan on Friday night, going by the 20th due date and it was hard to see because of no fluid, they could just measure head and abdomen. SHe's gone breech, monster! SO a section unless she;s kind and turns and all measurements were in the 25 week range, anticipating about 1 1/7 lb if in the next couple days, but again this was bedside so could be off. As #6 baby though she really does feel very small.

Some pics of the move of hospitals and soon as my phone behaves some of early Christmas :thumbup: Good distraction!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0913.jpg
    IMAG0913.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG4413.jpg
    IMAG4413.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG4415.jpg
    IMAG4415.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi hun, I was just having a look for you to see how you're doing, I'm really sorry that you're going through this :hugs:. I hope that little girly keeps cooking a while longer if that is possible at this stage. Big :hugs: to you!

mummy3! Sorry to hear you are in the hospital! thinking of you!! alex was 27+4... if you need any online hugs i am here! xxx

Thankyou so much guys:hugs:

Baby Amelya was born yesterday at 27+1 by perinatology and 27+3 by my OB. She was 2lb 1.5oz and 13in tall. We got an infection and there was an arm prolapse as well as unstable lie so I had a classical vertical c section. She seems to be doing pretty well, very wriggly:cloud9: She's had to get platelets, they went to 70000 not about 150000 I think the neonatologist said, she's all wrapped in plastic and on a oscillator. I posted in Preemie section too, I can use all the advice and hugs I can get. This is way out of my league:cry:

Pics of my fighter:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMAG0927.jpg
    IMAG0927.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0931.jpg
    IMAG0931.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0946.jpg
    IMAG0946.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for the update and sharing pictures of Amelya. Sending you hugs. While my son is was a 29weeker, I can understand how scary and heartbreaking this must be. I'm assuming the first plastic is to protect her fragile skin? There was a little girl next to my son who was born at 24weeks and was just over 1lb. If she could get through all the challenges and grow and thrive, then there's no doc by Miss Amelya will be just fine.

One of the biggest things I learned from my sons 3 months in the NICU is that wehad to trust our (my husband and I) instincts and as much as the talented nurses and doctors knew about health care, they still didn't "know" my son. It took a while to learn this but one eving after dozens of bradys with everyone telling us it was normal- we had to push and push to get his blood tested and it turned out that he was anemic and needed a transfusion. As scary as it was to have my tiny boy getting a transfusion, it was amazing how much it helped by morning.

The other thing that really helped was kangaroo care- not sure if they advocate that at your NICU or if you did with your others. When we were able to start holding Connor, he could come out of his incubator for and hour per day for some skin to skin contact. It was also interesting on how much that settled his alarms and helped even him out.

How are you holding up?

If there are any questions you have, I canbtty to answer them from my experience- and I'm here if you just need a place to come and share how you're feeling/doing and how things are going with Ameyla

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->