Positive induction story - Poppy Rose 12/01/2011

Pink-Mummy

Poppy's mummy
Reaction score
Please say Hello to my new baby daughter...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poppy Rose

Born 12th Jan, 6.32pm. She weighed 8lb 0.5oz of pure perfection.

Brief birth story: went in for induction at 8am on 12th, 12 days overdue. Was examined, found to be 0cm but baby's head very low. Pessary inserted (not painful ladies, dont worry, even with a VERY posterior closed cervix). Started contracting within the hour and ***ONLY 2 HOURS*** after pessary i was fully dilated! I had a rare reaction to induction pessary where i hyperstimulated and body went in2 overdrive! However this wasnt too painful, just intense contractions on top of eachother. Managed on paracetamol & gas n air (fabulous stuff, didnt stop chatting sh*t). All was going wonderfully and i was pushing by lunchtime, but little lady got her shoulders stuck so at very last minute was given epidural as i needed an episiotomy & ventouse to get her out. Fantastic epidural, the difference in pain from no pain relief to epi was just indescribable, and despite what others say, i COULD feel when to push and could move my legs etc, just completely pain free. Definitely recommend, especially with an episiotomy.

Poppy then entered world very soon after and has been a dream ever since

She feeds like a pro, i am officially a milk machine! and she is just so content and perfect in everyway. i am so in love!

Ladies awaiting induction, please dont worry it isnt always a bad experience, my experience was simply wonderful even with the minor complications.

LAdies still waiting to labour, it is totally worth it and YOU CAN DO THIS. i was a first time petrified mummy and if i can do it, so can you. Just keep positive & stay in control, put your trust in the medics and most importantly have faith in yourself & your body.

Much love

Amy n Poppy Rose. x

Attachments

• Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 36
Great to hear a positive induction story! Congrats on the birth of Poppy she is beautiful! xx

lovely story, she is beautiful and you look really well x

Congratulations! She is beautiful, lovely name too! :flower:

shes gorgeous, well done hun :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back