positive Minecraft impact

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
An observation my friend made which is true of both our boys.

Since they have been playing Minecraft creation they have played more Lego and been more creative.

Anyone else??

not my personal experience as my LO is too young for it, but that's exactly what my friend says about her son :thumbup:

I would say the two are linked. My son loves minecraft. I would t say he plays with his lego more now though as he's always played with it a lot and he's also always made his own things up. I do love the way that minecraft really is just lego in digital form :)

My girls love Minecraft (and watching videos of it on YouTube).

I do agree it has made them a little more adventurous with their Lego building – however I read this article by the BBC this morning which has me re-thinking things a little.
If you don't have time to read it all, flip to the last section (What effect does playing Minecraft have on the brain?)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32736808

Just the fact that is has a physical reation to the brain's grey matter is worrying to me.

Just flicking through the article really they are saying if they spend a lot of time watching the videos/playing the game it will effect the grey matter. It's the same as everything else-everything in moderation.
At the end of the day we are still in charge of our children and we can limit their screen time to what we think is acceptable.
I don't allow my son to watch the videos. I will also take the iPad away from him when he's been on it for too long-he grumbles a bit but is generally ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->