Positive opk 26 days after d&c

tinkerbell79

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just done my opk today and it was positive :happydance: I have had so ovulation pain for the past 4/5 days but was alot more last night plus I've had some clear discharge (sorry about the tmi), so was expecting it for the last few day, however should I be concerned that it's late? I normally O around day 19-21 and have a 34 day cycle, so I guess it's only a few days late but just abit worried as I have decided to ttc straight away and was wondering if me Oing late will effect things if I'm due on in 8 days surly there wouldn't be time for implantation or do you think my period would just be due later? Any comments would be great girls x

Yay for a + OPK!

I would say your period might be due later. With my D&C, I got AF 40 days after the surgery. So I definitely would have ovulated later.

Good luck!

I think your AF will be due later.

Personally I am on day 40 after my first d&c (I ended up needing 2) and still no sign of AF or Ov. I thought I was getting ready to Ov, having ovary pain & EWCM, but all my OPKs are negative.

From what I understand your cycle (even though the time between an mc and your next AF is not technically considered a cycle) doesn't start until the HCG is out of your system, which can be almost immediate, or take a while after a d&c. For me my HCG levels stayed up for 3 weeks, and I required a second d&c, but the day after the second they had dropped to 0 so I think I am actually on approx day 18 of my cycle, and when I ov (which is rare for me) it is approx day 25...so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

So if you are ovulating now, I would guess that your cycle didn't start until 3-5 days after your d&c.

:happydance: Yay for a positive OPK! Usually even if you O late, the number of days before AF arrives will be the same. So if it's normally 14, then you should still expect AF (or a :bfp:) in two weeks.

:happydance: Yay for a positive OPK! Usually even if you O late, the number of days before AF arrives will be the same. So if it's normally 14, then you should still expect AF (or a :bfp:) in two weeks.

Let's hope for a :bfp:

Good luck!!!

I think your AF will be due later.

Personally I am on day 40 after my first d&c (I ended up needing 2) and still no sign of AF or Ov. I thought I was getting ready to Ov, having ovary pain & EWCM, but all my OPKs are negative.

From what I understand your cycle (even though the time between an mc and your next AF is not technically considered a cycle) doesn't start until the HCG is out of your system, which can be almost immediate, or take a while after a d&c. For me my HCG levels stayed up for 3 weeks, and I required a second d&c, but the day after the second they had dropped to 0 so I think I am actually on approx day 18 of my cycle, and when I ov (which is rare for me) it is approx day 25...so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

So if you are ovulating now, I would guess that your cycle didn't start until 3-5 days after your d&c.

never had a d &c but my doctor checked my levels a few times, as soon as it said 0 we counted that day as cd 1 ... so you levels might just been up and your AF is not due for another 2 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->