Positive OPK, definitely not ovulating

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I'm about 6 DPO (lost track), got a positive OPK two days in a row around the time I thought I should be ovulating, now it's positive again?! What does this mean?

did you confirm ovulation with a temperature rise? if not then you may well be ovulating now, BD to cover your bases

If ovulation failed the first try, its your body retrying to ovulate again. Also some people misunderstand an opk being positive when its normal to have some LH in your system. Is your cm egg white? That would be a clue to your body trying to ovulate again. If its not ewcm then its probably just your hormones.

when i first used opks they always looked positive to me. it was crazy! but the third month using them, i knew right away. i hope your situation resolves as i havent a clue other than ovulation maybe being delayed or slower than normal.

Unfortunately, OPKs never worked for me. I had bought the Wondflo, and used those for about 3 months and never got a positive, even after my doctor confirmed I ovulated. Then I bought a FR ovulation kit, but did not read the directions until it was too late: I was suppose to start testing on the 3rd day of my period, but did not realize until the 5th day of my cycle.

We were traveling for a month all through Europe and I was not temping, so I was going solely on dates and cervical mucus. The nights that the CM was at its eggiest whitiest we had sex. And lo and behold, BFP 17 dpo later.

Moral of the story: trust your body. :)

Unfortunately, OPKs never worked for me. I had bought the Wondflo, and used those for about 3 months and never got a positive, even after my doctor confirmed I ovulated. Then I bought a FR ovulation kit, but did not read the directions until it was too late: I was suppose to start testing on the 3rd day of my period, but did not realize until the 5th day of my cycle.

We were traveling for a month all through Europe and I was not temping, so I was going solely on dates and cervical mucus. The nights that the CM was at its eggiest whitiest we had sex. And lo and behold, BFP 17 dpo later.

Actually they may have worked and you just didnt know it. What tends to happen is for some people the LH surge happens very quickly. And if you arent testing more than once a day you can actually miss it resulting in never getting a positive. Those people often get a close to positive but never a full on positive. So that may have been the case for you. You may have had quick surges as that may have been why they never worked for you. Sometimes you have to test more than once a day to not miss the surge. So just figured i would put that out there that maybe thats what happened with you :)

Actually they may have worked and you just didnt know it. What tends to happen is for some people the LH surge happens very quickly. And if you arent testing more than once a day you can actually miss it resulting in never getting a positive. Those people often get a close to positive but never a full on positive. So that may have been the case for you. You may have had quick surges as that may have been why they never worked for you. Sometimes you have to test more than once a day to not miss the surge. So just figured i would put that out there that maybe thats what happened with you :)

This is most definitely a possibility. I was being very conservative, and only test once a day, mid afternoon, and while there were times that I would get a faint line, I would never get a full on solid line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->