Positive Opk with PCOS?

Jessi

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have PCOS and am starting clomid from next month BUT I've noticed the last few months have been 45/46 day cycles. I've also noticed that when I used to use the CBFM I would get peak days and then it would be roughly 13 days till my period so I *THINK* I have a 13 day leutal phase and it would be now that I *SHOULD* ovulate if I'm having another 45ish day cycle.

Firstly is this positive? I think it is but I guess I just want someone to confirm/or not.

Secondly do you know if PCOS can affect the reliability of OPK's? I stopped using my CBFM as got told it's not reliable for me (however, I was getting peak days so a little confused)

Thanks everyone! xx

Attachments

• Positive.jpg
    Positive.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 42
Looks positive to me but I can't advise on the pcos, maybe google it? . Bd anyhow I say! X

Thanks! Yeah we've been covering our bases LOL today it was this. Does this mean I haven't ov'd yet? (as there's not much change? I thought it would fade when you have Ov'd?) xx

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 12
As I understand it PCOS can cause false positives, because it can cause high levels of LH throughout the cycle, so you might get continually positive tests.
However, if you've been getting negatives/faint lines/no lines up to this point, it probably is a real peak.
I know that the tests I use come in three levels of sensitivity, and they recommend the least sensitive ones for women with PCOS, so that only a really high level of LH will cause a positive result.

As I understand it PCOS can cause false positives, because it can cause high levels of LH throughout the cycle, so you might get continually positive tests.
However, if you've been getting negatives/faint lines/no lines up to this point, it probably is a real peak.
I know that the tests I use come in three levels of sensitivity, and they recommend the least sensitive ones for women with PCOS, so that only a really high level of LH will cause a positive result.

Ooh what brand do you use? I didn't test until I 'thought' I would be ovulating so I dont know. Before I used CBFM and I would get low's high's and peaks on that.... x

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NHS-OVULATIO...Health_HealthCare_RL&var=&hash=item68c75c9f2e
If you scroll down on this page, it explains about the different sensitivities.
I think the CBFM tests for two hormones, one of which is what OPKs test for. Therefore the OPKs are prone to the same limitations as the CBFM for some women with PCOS.
x

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NHS-OVULATIO...Health_HealthCare_RL&var=&hash=item68c75c9f2e
If you scroll down on this page, it explains about the different sensitivities.
I think the CBFM tests for two hormones, one of which is what OPKs test for. Therefore the OPKs are prone to the same limitations as the CBFM for some women with PCOS.
x

Ooh that's really interesting, thanks! think I may get some of the 40ml as just about to start Clomid x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->