Positive outcome from core group meeting with social services

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Hi ladies

We had our core group meeting from with Social services today. Before today OH was only allowed supervised contact with Aidan due to him being physically abusive towards me on one occasion. Anyway today we met with my soical worker, health visitor, sure start worker, a person from Aidan's nurser, me, OH and my mum and dad (they have been supervising contact). My OH's domestic violence worker couldn't be there but reported that his progress was very positive and he has been very open and honest. My dad rang a few weeks ago to ask for an update and told my social worker the support and the way they have treated this has been disgraceful. She admitted today that this whole process has taken far too long and too many assesments have taken place without actually getting anywhere, she apologised and said that had she been with the case from day one this would have been resolved to a certain extent much quicker. Anyway she said as me and OH are engaging with all services and we have done everything asked of us she is going to lift the supervised access and allow OH to have unsupervised access with Aidan :happydance: :headspin: She has set a date for 6 weeks times to review how this has gone and look at getting OH back into the family home permantly. I am so happy right now and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. On saturday we are taking Aidan out just me and OH and we are going to have a nice family day out. I am glad that the soical worker has acknowleged that this whole process has been far from organised and the 'support' in place was non-exsistant. Thank you to everyone who has given advice during this hard time and fingers crossed things keep going so positivly x

Really glad you're getting it sorted hun, must feel great to be moving in the right direction finally :flower: xx

Fantastic news hun I am really pleased for you. I hope some action will be taken against the SWs who caused the delays and cocked up everything for so long for you? xx

Fantastic news hun I am really pleased for you. I hope some action will be taken against the SWs who caused the delays and cocked up everything for so long for you? xx

She didn't say anything about that but I will be making a complaint about how the whole thing has been handeld x

So glad things are getting sorted!

xx

Thats great news. Glad things are starting to get sorted for you. :)

Fantastic news I'm chuffed to bits H!

Shel have had her Case review meeting with the manager and had her ass hauled through the coals for the bad handling on this case.

6 weeks time, unsupervised access going well I'm sure Oh will be back. I'm glad is becoming more positive for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->