• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Positive story abdominal wall defect

Qmama79

Mother of Finley Ethan(3)
Reaction score
This is not my story to tell, but I'll throw it out here anyway.

This is the story of a family I meet regularly during playgroup sessions in our neighbourhood. The mother was pregnant with their second child and everything had gone well in pregnancy. At the 20 week scan the technician discovered that the abdominal wall hadn't closed, so the baby's organs did not descend into the baby's body. Instead they were encased in the umbilical cord outside. The technician was very professional & told the mum that the doctor would get in touch later that day.
Care was transferred to an expert hospital that's luckily near our location & the mother and family prayed fr the life of their little sprout. She had a C-section when she was near full term & baby was operated immediately. The chances of survival were slim. For the next two months nobody could pick her up as she recovered. The surgeons just did such an amazing job!
She is now a healthy 6 month old. The happiest baby ever.

It goes to show that doctors & technology these days are absolutely amazing!! I hope this story brings hope to the mums and dads that face a difficult start.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->