possibility of mulitiples on IUI

vicki.mummy

Foster Mummy to 2 boys!!!
Reaction score
I've heard different stories about IUI treatment - including some that say there is a higher chance of multiples, is that true even before you use any sort of medication?? I mean i guess in a way i'm prepared that it might happen like that but i'm a bit freaked!!

My Re always says there is a higher chance of multiples when you are taking fertility drugs such as clomid and injections!

I'm scared and excited about the possibility of having twins. My chances are high since I am injecting medication. If you do a search you'll see BFP's with twins.

thanks so much - that really helps :D :D

You're welcome. I told my husband to pick TWO names just in case :baby::haha:

It would be CUTE.. financially not so much. He's all excited and wants two boys. All I want is to be pregnant already :wacko:

i would love twins (secretly) but i'm excited either way :D :D we've picked two names for boys and girls.....

I think the chances is going to depend on how many foliculs you produce. I'm worried and thrilled about the possiblilities. I'm going to be on clomid and last time had 4 foliculs and not sure I can handle 4 babies (didn't happen) !!!!! The other thing that worries me is that I have identical twin brothers that are 1 1/2 younger than me and have another 2 sets of frat twins in my family. So mutilples def looks like a possibliltiy plus like I said earlier add clomid and who knows!!! I'd be excited about twins. I think that if that is the case we won't try for any more. Of course my DH says 1 and 1 or 2 boy's (cause he already has a girl) but I'd be excited either way even 2 girls!!!!

If more than twins then I would be a little scared!!! But for now I'll be excited with just 1 :)

My FS told me that the chance of twins increases by 10-12%. . I took 100mg of clomid cd 5-9. On cd12 I had nine follicles. We have one already and would like one more, but we are pretty sure it will be twins. On cd 16 I had 4 good follicles (20+ & 19+) with the other five ranging from 17-15. That was the morning before my IUI. Dont know if they had time to grow more or not. My sis & brother are fraternal twins, my moms sister has fraternal twins, my cousins are twins and my grandmother had twin brothers. Anything more than 1 terrifies me.

Doingitforus- I wish you the best of luck!!!! Im having IUI next the end of this month I'm excited!!!!!!

When do u find out?

There is a higher chance of multiples, but it doesn't mean it'll happen. My first 2 IUI's, I had 2 eggs, none of them took. I had 4 eggs with my IUI last month, and again none of them took. We just had our 4th IUI with 2 eggs and waiting on the results.

So while there is a higher risk of multiples, it is still rare. Twins would be a lot more common and I think that risk is at about 10%. My FS only delivered 2 sets of triplets in the 12 years he's been practicing.

Doingitforus- I wish you the best of luck!!!! Im having IUI next the end of this month I'm excited!!!!!!

When do u find out?

I'm not supposed to test until the 16th, but I will be testing before then :blush:

I had only one mature follicle with the medicine I took. I just did the IUI today so let's see what I get. I'll be happy with ONE, if I'm blessed with two I'll be happy as well.

Doingit4us & Mi bebe - best wishes!!! I'll be praying for you!!!!

Hi,

I did IUI a few years ago. It worked well for me on the first try. I used Gonal-F injections. I had 3 follicles..all three took. Three Girls..except I lost them at 23.5 weeks. I have incompetent cervix though. The risks of prematurity is higher with multiples. that's something just to keep in mind.

At this time, I am on Clomid. I just got my +OPK. I am secretly hoping for twins..cuz i always wanted twins. Granted, I know it wouldn't be a good thing for me.. A happy healthy baby is the goal..everything else will work out.

:dust:

hi ej's mom,
a happy healthy baby is my goal too - i don't mind having multiples - although a little nervous :D :D. good luck with the IUI :D

hi ej's mom,
a happy healthy baby is my goal too - i don't mind having multiples - although a little nervous :D :D. good luck with the IUI :D

Good Luck to you as well.. I know you want a healthy baby.. everyone does.. Sorry.. I was talking about me.. My OB told me I have a very high chance of prematurity if I have more than one. I would love twins..but not a good thing for me.

my SIL had premature twins at 32 weeks - they are perfect :D :D i hope you do have a good pregnancy - good luck :D :D

ejsmom - so sorry for your loss and keeping fingers crossed that this will be a successful month for all of us!!!!!

Like you said twins would be great but I'm sure we will all be happy if we only get one healthy baby :)

Fairy dust to everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->