Possible c section with a toddler!

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wondering if any of you have had a c section whilst having a toddler? I have a low lying placenta and will be checked again at 32 weeks and if it hasn't moved up I have to have a c section :( I had a great natural first labor so a bit bummed but if it has to happen then it had to happen. My question is how did you deal with your toddler? My son will be 2yrs old only just by like 4 days and he is still a very clingy little boy. What's the did and fonts of picking him up bathing bedtime and things. I don't have any family at all that can help me afterwards of I choose to go straight back home and really struggling with the thought of being away from my husband for the first 6 weeks if I have to stay with our family for help. My husband will be going back to work the day after we get home which will be about 10 days after my scheduled c section if I have one and then I will be completely on my own. As much as it will suck should I stay with family or will I be fine to go home with my husband? He works 12hr days for 2 weeks straight one week days one week nights. But he is gone for about 14hrs because of driving time. I'm so torn as to what the best idea would be

I do not have a toddler but I am just recovering from my c-section... If your husband absolutely cannot stay home, and you have absolutely no one that can help you, I would stay with family. I was told you aren't supposed to lift anything much heavier than your baby for 6 weeks, can't vacuum, do laundry, etc. etc. I cannot imagine not having help with a toddler around as your kiddo will need help doing things and you will have to be careful about the positions you get into for a couple of weeks. You'll also likely be exhausted. The pain in itself isn't horrible but it's difficult not jumping in and doing things when you feel okay and this will only lead you to hurting more. It'll probably be difficult keeping your kiddo off you (have to be careful that kiddo doesn't run up to your belly to hug etc. throw a tantrum and punch you, accidentally jump on your belly, etc.) as well if you've been in the hospital so kiddo might need a little distraction and attention while you recover. I'm sure women have managed because they are resilient and will manage just about anything given no other choice, but I'd seriously recommend you consider getting help. :flower:

Ps: With that said, would be extremely difficult to be away from your husband that long for sure. He'd miss out on baby's first month that way as well. Is it not at all possible to have a family member stay with you? Would you be able to afford to pay for a helper? Just throwing ideas out there. It's really a tough situation honestly. Thinking of you and hoping the placenta doesn't get in the way of a natural delivery!

My oldest was 13 months old when I had a C-Section with my second. I did not have any family or friends to help me, and my husband worked and didn't help much when he was home. I managed, somehow! I stayed on the bed with him a lot, or played on the floor with him (I tried to pick him up as little as possible for the first week). I managed to bathe him, feed him, etc. as I normally would. :) You'll manage somehow if it's just you!

I also managed to clean, do laundry, dishes, etc. Just slower! My Doctor didn't tell me not to, he just said to take it easy, and I did, as much as I could.

My sister had a c-section with her daughter and whilst she didn't have a toddler, she was released from hospital four days later (would have been earlier but she had pre-eclampisa) and was only told to take things easy. She still managed to do housework etc and her daughter napped mostly on the play mat on the floor and she had no problems getting up and down. Obviously if would have been harder with a toddler but if things need to be done, women find a way, it's how we are designed.

However, that being said, you need to do what you think will be best for you. Maybe stay with family for a few days to see how you manage and if you are coping fine then head home to be with your hubby. If you need help/assistance from family at times then stay with them until you can do things without them.

Best of luck.

I worked it out and I will be with family for the first 15 days or so after the c section so hopefully by then I will know if I need more help. I was going to ask my sil to come and stay with us but its over Christmas and don't think she will want to be away from her partner. I have a few friends but I would say they will be going home for Christmas as we live in a little mining town so no one has family close by. My son is very clingy loves to cuddle constantly so I think that is going to be difficult for him to accept at first and there will be many tantrums we have always let him express his love and affection so he is pretty over the top lol. Like right now he is laid in my lap twirling my hair while watching slim pig lol the good thing about my husbands roster is that he gets a week off at a time after 2 weeks straight so I will have a lot of help in that one week. We do also have a organisation in my town called strengthening our families which is volunteer women that come round and help while you have a shower or even if you need to take a nap but i don't think I would be to comfortable with a stranger coming to my house when I feel venerable. Thanks for the advice ladies hopefully it all works out for me and my husband and I don't miss out on that first month together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->