Possible cervical erosion?

megan hollin

Reaction score
Hey,

This is my first time posting in first tri but I had a panic this afternoon so looking for reassurance. Today me and my partner had intercourse for the first time since finding out we were pregnant I am currently 10 weeks. Immediately after sex sorry tmi he noticed I was bleeding not a lot but enough to make me jump up in a panic it slowed and was never heavy more just spotting and it has since stopped just a teeney bit of brown discharge when I wipe. I rang my midwife and she said this is normal after sex and is a cervical erosion she just said keep an eye on it but if it remains light not to worry.

I have had treatment on my cervix following a abnormal smear test result around 2 years ago so I think maybe with my previous history and pregnancy maybe my cervix is just super sensitive. I just panicked as I have never bled in pregnancy before and this is my third pregnancy.

Deffo guna lay off the sex now lol

Has anybody been through a similar experience?

Thanks!

I haven't had this but didn't wanna read and run. I'm sure everything is ok but if it was me I would go an get it checked out x

Yes it was. I had a couple of times and then it stopped. Your cervix is obviously just a bit tender things should settle down soon x

Thank you so much for you reassurance. It's barely there now I have just been beside myself thinking the worst as we pregnant women do! Talking on here helps. As my spotting has basically stopped my gp practice won't refer me for an early scan but I am going private and have that booked on Saturday I think I will chill a bit once I've seen baby on the screen fingers crossed all goes well

I've had Cervical erosion . Was on the pill for many years started having issue bleeding etc . Got pregnant with DD1 went back on the pill and had same issues . Went to GP who advised it could be cervical erison and was sent for a smear which came back abnormal so then had to have laser treatment . I then got preganant with DD2 and after she was born had a repeat smear which was fine. GP has advised me that it could happen again .

They won't usually do any smear/laser treatment while you are pregnant . Pregnancy as you know changes everything ! Hopefully things will settle down for you and you can look at treatment if needed after your baby is born .

Try not to worry too much and enjoy your pregnancy ! X

Yes, it's really normal. Most women have cervical erosion to some degree. Hormonal contraceptives can make it worse (though goes back to normal eventually once you've stopped for awhile). Pregnancy does as well (much the same hormones). Also, just lots of stretching and pressure on your pelvis and the blood vessels in your cervix are just more likely to be under strain and likely to burst, which is what causes the bleeding. I wouldn't be too worried, but if you're in the UK, any bleeding they should offer you a scan just to check (I wouldn't call the GP, I'd go straight to the midwives or call the EPU midwives directly). I've had bleeding in all of my pregnancies (and actually quite heavy bleeding in my two healthy pregnancies, literally bleeding through clothes running down my legs kind of bleeding). In fact, with my current pregnancy, I bleed for about 2 weeks straight, some days just spotting, but other days heavy bleeding from 7-9 weeks. All fine obviously, I'm 24 weeks now with a healthy baby and I've not had any bleeding since about 12 weeks. It's often just one of those things. But I have always gotten bleeding checked out and it's reassuring to do so. Good you've got a scan booked.

Thanks guys I have had no spotting for most of the day now hopefully that's it now I will definitely be avoiding sex now it's not worth the stress!

Hi guys had my scan today they have put baby at exactly 10 weeks baby was jumping around with a good heartbeat thank you for all your comments xx

I've had bleeds this pregnancy and my son is cooking away nicely. I had them until 4 months. Genuinely thought I was miscarrying. Not a nice experience and it does make you anxious. I hope it doesn't repeat itself but all should be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->