Possible cryptic pregnancy.. So worried!

chaoticgalaxy

Reaction score
I'm a 22 year old female, I have PCOS (only have periods when taking birth control and haven't taken it since then.) My last period was in mid-may. I thought I was pregnant back in late April, my boyfriend told me not to even worry about it because we've had "scares" before and it never is pregnancy. Took a test and it was negative.

WELL. For the past 2 months, I've had weird muscle twitches. I never really thought much of it, figured possible gas, whatever. I noticed in the mirror today that It looks like my stomach is making a semi perfect D shape. Of course, trying to be logical, maybe my PCOS is just messing with me or i'm bloated?. (haven't gained any weight)

But then today, I was just sitting on the couch, drinking iced coffee and I got what I think was the strongest muscle spasm in my abdomen ever. It felt like a fish flopping around, sort of more to the left of my stomach, for maybe less than 30 seconds and it scared me so much, because it was so intense that I had to catch my breath. It didn't hurt at all.

I made a doctor appointment last week just to check on my PCOS since it's been a year since i've been there.

I might just be paranoid here but I mean, stranger things have happened!

Have you taken another pregnancy test since April?

Hm, obviously we can't tell you either but I'd definitely stop drinking alcohol for now and generally "act pregnant", ie don't take any risks. It'll be too late for folic acid to matter now but a multivitamin or prenatal might still be a good idea. Don't worry yourself too much though! It could be nothing. And if you are pregnant, you will manage and the overwhelming odds are that baby will be just fine.
If this is "the pregnancy" from April, you'll be fairly far along now and can probably get a better idea of whether there's a baby in there yourself. If it's a baby, lying on your back and/or eating or drinking something sugary and/or hot will often make them move. Equally, if there's movement, try poking your belly or jiggling it a bit. If there's a baby, they'll often repeat the kick in a similar place to the first one. Or try having a bath and see if you get more movement. If those things suggest baby, I definitely wouldn't wait another month to see a doctor. You'd need medical care asap to make sure everything is as it should be and you and baby are in the best possible situation (things like flu shots, checking you for strep b, gestational diabetes...). Whereabouts in the world are you? Could you get an affordable private scan somewhere?

Hm, obviously we can't tell you either but I'd definitely stop drinking alcohol for now and generally "act pregnant", ie don't take any risks. It'll be too late for folic acid to matter now but a multivitamin or prenatal might still be a good idea. Don't worry yourself too much though! It could be nothing. And if you are pregnant, you will manage and the overwhelming odds are that baby will be just fine.
If this is "the pregnancy" from April, you'll be fairly far along now and can probably get a better idea of whether there's a baby in there yourself. If it's a baby, lying on your back and/or eating or drinking something sugary and/or hot will often make them move. Equally, if there's movement, try poking your belly or jiggling it a bit. If there's a baby, they'll often repeat the kick in a similar place to the first one. Or try having a bath and see if you get more movement. If those things suggest baby, I definitely wouldn't wait another month to see a doctor. You'd need medical care asap to make sure everything is as it should be and you and baby are in the best possible situation (things like flu shots, checking you for strep b, gestational diabetes...). Whereabouts in the world are you? Could you get an affordable private scan somewhere?

Thank you so much first of all for replying. I think I'll go to a walk in clinic tomorrow. Tonight I was laying in bed and I felt 5 or so jabs/tap like feeling in my lower abdomen after switching sides

Where do you live? If you're in the UK, go tot he walk in clinic and say that you suspect you are 6 months pregnant and I'm sure they'll refer you for a scan asap to be sure. If you are it is important to know, and if not then the scan should at least get you in the system to get checked to find out what's causing your symptoms sooner than waiting for your appointment next month. Good luck!

Bypass taking another test and get yourself to nearby baby clinic or find a pregnant friend with a doppler! by second tri if there is a baby in there you will hear a heartbeat! also my bump doesnt like doppler much and tries to kick it away!

I know my friend never new she was pregnant until six months so it does happen!

1 Test can tell you nothing if AF didnt show it could have been to early or even to late ( hook effect ) to get a positive!

Hope all works out the way you want it to! x

So ladies, update.

I called my regular doctor today in HOPES of getting in at all today. Thought it was a total long shot, but after I explained, they made it happen.
I'm literally posting this from my car, My doctor thought I was an absolute nut job! :shrug:

But, regardless of what she thought, she had me lay down and she pressed on my stomach and told me, "you're absolutely pregnant. But, let's do an ultrasound."

Long story short, I am pregnant with a HEALTHY baby girl. I'm in absolute shock, disbelief. However, incredibly happy and feel so blessed and lucky.

Thanks to everyone who replied. xoxo

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :happydance:
I'm sure that'll take some getting used to but how amazing that you got to bypass the scary times in the beginning and you have a healthy little girl in there! Any idea how far along you are?

What a crazy circumstance! I love stories like this!

Wow, what a story! So you were pregnant back in April. Congrats on your little girl.

Congrats :D

Bypassing the first tri id take as a big big win lol

im due on the 15th of jan or there about !

Ive nothing ready or prepared for baby but there is load of time left, 14 weeks is plently enough :D

how are you feeling about it all? x

WOW! Congrats!!! that would put you at 26 weeks today, Awesome news that baby is healthy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->