possible ectopic - hospital Saturday :(

kezz_howland

mummy to one and ttc
Reaction score
So this last few weeks I have been through a worldwind of emotions. On 30th April I got my BFP (14dpo, 2 days after my period was due), and on same day I began red spotting, which turned into light period-type bleeding the following day, and then back to spotting for about 4-5 days. Then it stopped so I did another pg test which remained positive (though very faint). I left it a little while then tested again, and test appeared a little darker if anything. Then on 9th May I began spotting again but only pale brown watery, which lasted two days and then stopped again. So on Sunday 11th I rang the out of hours doctor, who referred me for an ultrasound, which never happened and I ended up going to the doctor on Monday evening, who referred me again. On Tuesday they decided i was only just bang on 6 weeks so wouldn't do an ultrasound yet, so I had to go the docs for bloods.

Hcg came back at 18, and I was told it looked likely I had lost it and doctor was expecting a negative on the next test 48 hours later. However, second bloods came back as 26 and the doctor rang me utterly confused, asking me to come in. She took my blood pressure - normal, and felt my tummy - normal. I had had twingy pains in my right side all day so she was concerned and rang the gynae at the hospital, who asked for me to come down on Saturday morning.

I am of course scared, but feel perfectly well and the pains are not even really there today. Though I did sneeze this morning and felt like that side would burst open for a second it hurt that much but stopped straight away.

I suffer from acute vulvadynia so I am absolutely terrified they are going to want to do an internal vaginal ultrasound, and if they do I'm going to have to tell them that if they can't give me a local anasthetic or similar there's no way I can have it. I hate dealing with doctors when it comes to the condition cause they treat me like i'm just being silly and need to 'grin and bear it' (an expression i have actually had them use before). They don't seem to understand that my husband and i have never had sex because it's far too painful - and that we concieved my son by inseminating with a v narrow long pippette!

anyway needless to say I am scared and don't really know what is happening. I just wondered if anyone had ever had a similar experience? I'm hoping against hope its just that it's in normal place in uterus but it's just some hasn't come away yet or something...

Hi there.
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Last weekend I had a shot of methotrexate to treat an ectopic pregnancy, so I understand how you must be feeling right now. Interestingly, I also inseminated using IUI, though I understand the likelihood of ectopic is not increased using that method. They gave me the belly ultrasound first and didn't find anything that way so moved to the transvaginal ultrasound. They didn't see anything that way either. They decided the pregnancy was ectopic based on my hcg numbers, spotting/bleeding, and the inability to confirm intrauterine pregnancy when they should have been able to see it.
I'm sending you lots of strength and positive thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->