Possible ectopic....... symptoms??

aussiettc

Mum of 4 and ttc#5
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
i'm kinda in limbo as i write this. Ok here's the history, i got my BFP on 4 June. I had bloods done on the 9 june and HCG was 67. So i started getting really excited. Then i went to the doctor on 15 June and had more bloods done and all the routine checks as well. HCG came back at 189 which was a bit low but the doctor wasnt worry cause i have a slow rising history. Anyway i started spotting and had a few cramps and went back to my lady doctor who saw me through my MC, did more bloods and HCG was only 291 on 18 June. I was sent for an ultrasound and they couldn't see anything. there was a little fluid in my uterous but thats it. The sonographer said that he couldnt see anything in the tubes either but i don't think with numbers like mine you would see veryy much anyway.

So i am kinda after some information from those of you who have had an ectopic before. What should i be expecting?
My doctor said if i have any more spotting or cramps to go straight to emergency but i haven't really had anything since. Any adivice wouldd be great.

it's good you're not having anything anymore!

i didn't have symptoms untill my bleeding started shortly before hitting 8 weeks,
then i got a little cramps and bleeding, which got pretty bad the days after,
worse than af, i spent my days in the couch with heating pads all over my tummy

a good week later the worst was over, but i spotted for over a month more after that,
they also kept monitoring my HCG bc that didn't drop as fast as it should with a normal mc

my ultrasound person in the ER kind of screwed up imo
she said she saw a sac but with no baby in, measuring 5 weeks,
kept telling me i maybe had my dates wrong... eh, yeah...NO!

thankgod they did do the follow-up with my bloods at my regular gyn's or it wouldn't
have been discovered

With my ectopic, the only symptoms i had that something was wrong, was a very light shooting sensation down my left thigh (no pain, just odd) and very light bleeding. Started pinkish then changed to bright red like a super light af. They were the only symptoms. I was send to the EPAU for a scan when i was just over 6wks pregnant and they seen the pregnancy in my left tube straight away. Within the hour i was rushed to theater for surgery to remove the entire left tube and baby before it ruptured.
I am a rare case as the hospital was quite suprised i had suffered from no pain, due to the size of the pregnancy and that it was about to rupture.

I would think at 5wks 5d that they would of picked up a tubal pregnancy on the scan, unless your dates are off. I would ask to be scanned again in a few days to be on the safe side.

Good luck and i hope things work out for u xxx

Thought I would add to this as my case was far from clear cut. I had my ectopic discovered at 8w2days and removed the same day.

I had an uncomfortable feeling in the abdomen from the moment i found out i was pregnant. HPT took a while to show up a positive, even though I had never been late in my life and I didn't get the first positive till around 4w5d and then it was faint, got a 1-2weeks on CB digi at 5 weeks exactly.

So at 5w6d I started spotting darkish brown, then at 6w exactly this was light but turned to bright red - went to A&E. Had an internal check and the blood was heavier now and clotty, no pain though. I was told it was an early miscarriage and that I would see the sack and tissue come away over the next 48hrs...

Next 48hrs came and went - no tissue or sack seen just very light spotting again... no pain. Went to the EPU at 6w2d for an internal scan. They saw nothing in the womb and tubes were confirmed as clear at this stage.

Took bloods every 48hrs:
6w2d - 117
6w4d - 178
6w6d - 380
7w2d - 820

At 7w2d I was told that it was looking likely that the baby was viable as the bloods were doubling (but they were very low for so far along!!!) Again I had a scan that day and everything was clear, nothing in the womb and nothing in the tubes. So consultant told me that as HCG was below 1500 it was unlikely they would see anything yet on the scan so I was told to go home for a week then come back when my levels would have risen enough to see something on the scan.

I went away with lots of hope, took a CB digi at 7w6d which confirmed my HCG was over 2000 as I got my 3+ and assumed everything would be ok!!! Again still at this point no pain, just uncomfortable feeling which docs had assumed were growing pains.

So I go to A&E at 8w2d have another blood test and TVG - as soon as the sonographer put the probe in she asked if i had any pain when she pushed the probe to the right - I said no... then she asked if it was my first pregnancy... I said yes... then she went all quiet. I knew it was bad news and my heart sank! I asked if all was ok and she said to give her a few minutes as we'll soon have lots of questions for us... minutes flew past in what seemed like hours and then she finally told us it was an ectopic pregnancy and she showed us on screen what she could see - a mass in between the right hand ovary and womb, she even showed us the blood flow to this area but said there was no heart beat.

On this day my bloods had done exactly as they should of in normal pregnancy - doubled... I now had a level of over 3000 HCG and was too far gone to have the Meth injection so was whisked off for emergency surgery to remove my tube.

So in short - I had slow rising HCG at the start, a late showing BFP and still getting 1-2wks conception on a digi up until I was about 6.5wks pregnant.

My levels after the bleeding were doubling which fooled the consultant into thinking everything was ok.

I had only dull discomfort which consultant assumed was growing pains and associated with corpus lutieum.

On my scan - nothing was ever seen in the womb

I hope this story helps as I certainly am not typical when it comes to symptom spotting with ectopics...

And fingers crossed this is not what is happening to you! I wish you all the best and do please keep us updated

Lucy x

I had surgery to remove my left tube and baby yesterday at 5+6 weeks. My signs were red and pink spotting until 5+5, diarhea and then on day 5+5 i had shoulder tip pain (altho until now didnt realise that was where my shoulder tip is - duh), pain down my left side and threw up. on 5+6 woke up feeling light headed and sick with back and shoulder pain. Went for my already arranged scan and no pregnancy in womb, saw 'something' but not sure where it was? Rushed to theatre that day for surgery to remove baby and left tube. My pain in my back, side and shoulder is now totally gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->