possible mastitis?

lynnikins

Reaction score
Ok on thursday night i came down feeling flu like cold and hot sweats, congested and achey.
woke up friday morning at 3am with congestion and by the time Christopher woke at 6am for his feed I was desperate to feed him as was really full and starting to get sore in my left breast. i fed him as normal or expressed for the feed i skipped so that i could catch up on sleep and husband did a bottle feed of ebm. my temp which had been high ( higher than 38c ) Thursday night came down to below 38 by noon and stayed low but still felt flu like all day and last night started to get more sore in my left breast, woke an hr before baby this morning rock solid breast, expressed off a bit so baby could latch and fed but was crying with the pain which hasnt eased today, i cant hardly touch it and wearing clothing is sore.

I just doubt if its mastitis because the flu symptoms appeared first before the tenderness or blocked up feeling in the breast. and there is illness in the household at the moment anyway so I really figured it was just the flu.

my temp is normal today the only symptoms that are remaining are the breast tenderness and firmness deep in the centre of it no suface lumps.

christopher is 6wks 2days old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->